VZ no unlimited LTE plan

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
ATT and verizon should be compatible (same technology for 4G) Both will be using VoIP for voice traffic

They could be compatible, but the main problem is in the frequency bands. There are a lot of freqencies for now (I think 7 bands in the US right now, and more being talked about), and I suspect it will be a while before they have phones that can do all the frequencies to make a truly world LTE phone.

Last edited:
They could be compatible, but the main problem is in the frequency bands. There are a lot of freqencies for now (I think 7 bands in the US right now, and more being talked about), and I suspect it will be a while before they have phones that can do all the frequencies to make a truly world LTE phone.

You are correct. I had around here somewhere the allotment channels and Verizon and AT&T were awarded about equal allotments in that auction but all different bands in the 700 Mhz spectrum. If they use a synthesized tuner for the transceiver, the phones could be tuned for the appropriate band, therefore compatible. But the bands used by AT&T and Verizon are different.

Maybe in the future but I think Verizon devices are CDMA like Sprint and AT&T's are GSM like T-Mobile. :)

But the LTE networks will be aside from the CDMA and GSM networks to begin with if I am not mistaken.
I was wondering about it when they get it all rolled out. It would be great if they would, for a customer and coverage anyway.

i don't ever invest in brand new technology..its a good way to lose a bunch of money. stick with your 3G until they pretty much boot you off of it. the difference is not worth the money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)