Status
Not open for further replies.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
I am willing to pay $300 for a NIB PS3 game system. I figure if you're stupid enough to camp out in the pouring rain for three days for one of these units, then you're probably dumb enough to sell me your PS3 at a loss. I just looked up the word "Idiot" in an online dictionary and it popped up with a picture of this dope sitting in his tent --- during a tornado warning no less --- waiting for his stupid, F'ing, game console. Pathetic!

lo111606playstation1.jpg

IDIOT

I just don't understand why ANYONE would camp outside a store for up to a week before launch even knowing that they may not get one.

I still wouldn't pay $600 for a damn video game!!

I do plan on getting a Wii. If I can't get one at launch I'll wait.

considering they are going for 3-5 grand on ebay I wish I could of got one. I bet most of the ones sold today are going on ebay.

yeah thats probably why they were camping out so they can get them on ebay because people will pay a price to get one for christmas they did they same thing with the Xbox360 and there are plenty of them in the stores now, all they need to do is buy the add on dvd player for the Xbox360 for 199, dont know if it is out in the stores yet or not?

someone camps ouit for a few days and makes 5k selling the unit on Ebay and you are calling them complete idiots? I dont know about you but they just made more money than I did for 3 days worth of work. Whos the idiot?

Whos the idiot?
Anyone who feeds into this "I just gotta have it" idiocy! Instead of camping out three days for a game console, perhaps these people could enrich their lives a thousand fold by volunteering three days of their time serving the people within their communities: homeless shelter, soup kitchen, meals on wheels, helping the aged and infirmed, etc. I am not a bleeding heart anything, but there is just something terribly wrong with the above picture.

Anyway, that's what I call time well spent.;)

someone camps ouit for a few days and makes 5k selling the unit on Ebay and you are calling them complete idiots? I dont know about you but they just made more money than I did for 3 days worth of work. Whos the idiot?
Not many people are gonna pay 5K and if they do they are nuts..

Yea ok see if tehy are not just blowing smoke up teh guys butt and that they are gonna really pay that.

Sure, there are a lot of people messing with the auctions driving them to silly prices but there have been many that are legit and have gone for 5k+

Sure, there are a lot of people messing with the auctions driving them to silly prices but there have been many that are legit and have gone for 5k+
Well the person or people who paid that much are idiots.. :eek:

Anybody who had that much money to blow would have found another way to get the PS3. Do you think guys like Mark Cuban or anybody who really had that kind of cash is going through ebay to get their PS3?

Just for what it is worth the new PS3 it seems aint living up to all the hype.

Then few things ever do.

Me I am very happy with my XBOX360 hd - dvd drive for now. For that matter so are my three kids ages 11-20. Yes when they become readily available I will get one.

I want the PS3 mostly for the blu-ray player. You can't find a Blu-ray player for cheaper than the PS3. Also the PS3 gives you HDMI v.1.3 so its capable of doing all the new lossless audio formats. However, I do agree that its not worth thousands of dollars.

Slashdot has some postings of where people are installing linux in ps3 already... so basically it can give you a blue ray linux box that you can make in to a home entertainment system that does a lot more than just play video games. This is the cheapest way probably to get your hands on a blue ray at the moment. Yes, some folks camping out are dumb and some folks buying at high prices are dumb too.

If you look here often there have been a number of online sales posted to our Video Game forum, I was able to snag a PS3 on Saturday night for its MSRP. :D

What I like to know is, where does it says in the book, that new technology is suppose to be cheap enough for every consumer to buy it? There are a lot of new products coming to the store that's over our head in prices. If you wan't it you will find a way to purchase it. But, please don't hate on it. Hate yourself for not be successful in life to be able to purchase it.

Having a satllite at your home with dishnetwork or direct tv programming is expensive. But, that don't stop you for getting it and enjoying it. It's a take it or leave it kind of thing. Stop hateing non ps3 owners. Brace new technologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts