HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: WarGames

Tagline: Is it a game, or is it real?

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]John Badham[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Matthew Broderick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dabney Coleman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ally Sheedy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Wood[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Barry Corbin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Juanin Clay[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kent Williams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dennis Lipscomb[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joe Dorsey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Irving Metzman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Ensign[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]William Bogert[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Susan Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Tolkan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Clover[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Drew Snyder[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Garber[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Duncan Wilmore[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billy Ray Sharkey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Spencer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Madsen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Erik Stern[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gary Bisig[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gary Sexton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason Bernard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Frankie Hill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jesse D. Goins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alan Blumenfeld[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Len Lawson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maury Chaykin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eddie Deezen[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1983-06-03[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]114[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]High School student David Lightman (Matthew Broderick) has a talent for hacking. But while trying to hack into a computer system to play unreleased video games, he unwittingly taps into the Defense Department's war computer and initiates a confrontation of global proportions! Together with his girlfriend (Ally Sheedy) and a wizardly computer genius (John Wood), David must race against time to outwit his opponent...and prevent a nuclear Armageddon.[/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
akPIXEzNgjmtiz5FTtaLBHJassh.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

I was 12 years old when this movie came out and it was the first movie my parents let me go to by myself. And I think in a lot of ways it shaped me and my love for computers and more importantly the online world.

What a great movie this was. A young Matthew Broderick dials into a computer system looking to play an online game he saw in a magazine and instead dials into a government computer and almost launches World War 3.

This is a fun movie to watch now and see how much not only computers have changed.. but how the world has changed.

After I saw this movie I had the desire to be part of the online world and started using services such as CompuServe, the Prodigy then AOL. But that wasn't good enough so I started my own online Bulletin Board System where people could talk about topics much like we do here at SatelliteGuys today.

If you are a fan of computers you will want to see this one... look how far we have come! Fun movie!

War Games is available from Amazon.COM Amazon product ASIN B0011EQBOS