Watched a Vudu movie on my PS3

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Watched The Town last night, using the 5.99 credit. Picture quality was very good, 1080p60. Audio was a little soft. Had to turn up my receiver volume a bit. Overall, was impressed. But, no way I'm spending $5.99 for an HDX movie. I'll wait till they hit Redbox for $1.50.

1st time users get a 5.99 credit. Downloaded the app on the PS3. Enter your email address. I then got a reply to complete the account setup.
"Congratulations , your Sony PS3 has been successfully activated. Welcome to VUDU, the world's premier high definition on-demand movie service!

We have provided you with an account credit of $5.99 to be used towards the rental or purchase of any movie on VUDU.*"

I watched one using my PS3 as well to see how it compared to the stand alone Vudu box. They were very similar in overall look or feel, but I prefer the stand alone slightly.
We dont watch a ton of movies, but when we do it is usually spur of the moment, and by the time I drive 20 miles round trip to a redbox kiosk, Im just about as cheap to get it off of Vudu and not have to go anywhere.

Stuart, it should give you the credit when you download the app to the PS3

I watched one using my PS3 as well to see how it compared to the stand alone Vudu box. They were very similar in overall look or feel, but I prefer the stand alone slightly.
We dont watch a ton of movies, but when we do it is usually spur of the moment, and by the time I drive 20 miles round trip to a redbox kiosk, Im just about as cheap to get it off of Vudu and not have to go anywhere.

Stuart, it should give you the credit when you download the app to the PS3
I didn't get the credit

DodgerKing said:
I didn't get the credit

I signed up my PS3 last month and my credit indicated it would expire on 12/31/10. Not sure if the credit offer ended then or not (maybe there's a new one), but that might explain why you didn't get it.

Watched The Town last night, using the 5.99 credit. Picture quality was very good, 1080p60. Audio was a little soft. Had to turn up my receiver volume a bit. Overall, was impressed. But, no way I'm spending $5.99 for an HDX movie. I'll wait till they hit Redbox for $1.50.

We did the exact same thing last weekend, same movie even. I also was very impressed, but couldn't control the movie(pause,rewind) with the remote, which was a pain. We also will not be spending $5.99 on a movie.

We did the exact same thing last weekend, same movie even. I also was very impressed, but couldn't control the movie(pause,rewind) with the remote, which was a pain. We also will not be spending $5.99 on a movie.

Thats one thing I liked about the stand alone. I dont recall, but I think the controller for the PS3 when I used it worked fine in controlling Vudu, but it wasnt nearly as fluid.

I did HDX format killed my Bandwidth. I signed up my Vizio tv, I never thought about signing up my PS3 for another free movie. :)

I used the Sony PS3 remote and was able to control the movie without issues. Didn't try with the P3 controllers.

I used the Sony PS3 remote and was able to control the movie without issues. Didn't try with the P3 controllers.

I also had no control issues. I tried the HDX and the "reg" HD and see no need for HDX. Bandwidth was not an issue on either. PQ was great; selection is decent; search needs some help.

Time + gas + rental to go out to rent vs this streaming equals a streaming win! Grow the offerings and all would be good.

yep, we really enjoyed our vudu experience, rented despicable m (hdx) and the kids loved it, I have to say this is a very good solution if I want to stream a movie! :)

I really like the fact we got the movie for 48 hours, the kids watched it 3-4 times (drove my wife nuts, but hey we have nothing but a bunch of snow what else are they gonna do)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts