We have a nother new bird: Amazonas 3 from Hispasat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

farwest5050

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Austin,TX
Hello again guys. I have seen in The Miami Herald that there is a new satellite that will spread signal to the Americas and great part of USA. It has UHD capability and will transmit on C,KU and KA bands. But they didn't say about the location. Anybody know something about this?

Last edited:
It's been launched! The live feed was even posted here on Satellite Guys, but I don't think it's active yet. Right now, Lyngsat shows it at 61W, the same as Amazonas 1 and 2.

been trying to get it since there was snow on the ground.
The only thing I get is the beacon @11920v 10000 61w
sounds like another tease like amazonas2 was.

Looking forward to it going live...just 'cause I am a FTA fanatic but not getting my hopes up.

Thank you guys...Well, Amazonas 3 seems to be not active yet. The 61W position is a little hard for me to lock since I can get Amazonas 1 & 2 badly. Happy Mother's Day to everyone and a great weekend.

and amazonas-3 will get traffic from amazonas-1 at some point in the future then Amazonas-1 will drift off to another orbital slot to continue service.

I'll have to wait for next winter to see if Amazonas-3 means anything significant to me such as stronger signals - the trees have leaved so it kills the 55W-70W reception for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)