Weather Channel: Locals on the 8's

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't think that the ticker works. because there is an Hurricane Watch, Flood Watch and a Tropical Storm Warning in my are and there is nothing showing up on my screen about it. Nothing on the active channel either.

Tip

Just a tip I found out. When you hit the red button to go to Weather on Demand and you want to exit. Move cursor to the exit button. Doing this will allow you to keep interactive features and have no need to change channels to reset. Hitting the exit button on your remote will cause you to have to reset the channel. You all may have known that already, but I will throw it out there anyway.

I find that if I want interactive weather I've got to enter it thru the Weather Channel's red button.Because if you use the Active channel button,you get to listen to"That channel isn't even in HD"! over and over again that is monotonous.Of couse they are right the Weather Channel interactive is not in HD.:rolleyes:

Interactive Local on the 8s

DirecTV said:
DIRECTV and The Weather Channel provide America with new severe weather alerts and localized weather applications

October 14, 2008

ATLANTA – DIRECTV's interactive customers now have multiple methods for receiving vital local weather information from The Weather Channel® (TWC). New services include a severe weather alert product, ZIP code-specific weather information during the popular "Local on the 8s" segments, a "Local on Demand" TV service available while watching TWC and through the newly designed DIRECTV ACTIVE™ portal.

See here: DIRECTV: DIRECTV AND THE WEATHER CHANNEL PROVIDE NEW SEVERE WEATHER ALERTS AND LOCALIZED WEATHER APPLICATIONS

Unfortunately, this feature is not yet available on TWC HD. Many of us have disabled the display of the SD duplicates so this feature is problematical. Hopefully, they will get this on the HD version of TWC soon.

Okay, I re-enabled the display of SD duplicates but only have TWC SD in my Favorites guide.

Last edited:
I found this while hunting...neat application... I had a Phase III up... more caps

Attachments

• TWC.JPG
    TWC.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 133
  • TWCLF.JPG
    TWCLF.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 160
  • TWCR2.JPG
    TWCR2.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 161
  • TWCR1.JPG
    TWCR1.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 155
  • TWCR.JPG
    TWCR.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 170
  • TWCLF1.JPG
    TWCLF1.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 164
UPDATE: 9/29/09 - Local on the 8's is now available on the HD channel as well. (Only took them a year to make it happen)

Couple screen shots from the local on 8's, and the final one is after the local loop finishes (returns to the sat feed, what we had before the locals on 8's started for the HD channel)

Attachments

• weather-hd1.jpg
    weather-hd1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 152
  • weather-hd2.jpg
    weather-hd2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 141
  • weather-hd3.jpg
    weather-hd3.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 155
  • weather-hd4.jpg
    weather-hd4.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 151
UPDATE: 9/29/09 - Local on the 8's is now available on the HD channel as well. (Only took them a year to make it happen)

Couple screen shots from the local on 8's, and the final one is after the local loop finishes (returns to the sat feed, what we had before the locals on 8's started for the HD channel)

Cool! Now if they could only get a better local radar it will be even better.

Cool! Now if they could only get a better local radar it will be even better.

Exactly, that third picture is for western michigan, of which all the storm systems come from the west. I need a radar image that shows the other side of the lake, Chicago, Milwaukee, etc. - Not New York, with a better zoom.

very nice jay!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts