Weigel Broadcasting Co. is flipping its digital broadcast network Decades into the sitcom-centric Catchy Comedy on March 27

Like all netlet channels, and all FAST channels, this is important news to the people who happened to miss the first 67 billion reruns of these shows.

Reactions: mwdxer1
The article now lists their schedule

Monday-Friday (All Times ET)

6:00am – Full House
6:30am – Full House
7:00am – Full House
7:30am – Full House
8:00am- The Brady Bunch
8:30am- The Brady Bunch
9:00am- Family Affair
9:30am- The Donna Reed Show
10:00am – The Carol Burnett Show
11:00am – The Lucy Show
11:30am – The Lucy Show
12:00pm – I Love Lucy
12:30pm – I Love Lucy
1:00pm – The Mary Tyler Moore Show
1:30pm – Rhoda
2:00pm – Laverne & Shirley
2:30pm – Laverne & Shirley
3:00pm – Mama’s Family
3:30pm – Mama’s Family
4:00pm- The Love Boat
5:00pm – The Odd Couple
5:30pm – The Odd Couple
6:00pm – Good Times
6:30pm – Good Times
7:00pm – Sanford and Son
7:30pm – Sanford and Son
8:00pm – All in the Family
8:30pm – All in the Family
9:00pm – Night Court
9:30pm – Night Court
10:00pm – The Dick Van Dyke Show
10:30pm – The Dick Van Dyke Show
11:00pm – Cheers
11:30pm – Cheers
12:00am – Taxi
12:30am – The Bob Newhart Show
1:00am – Newhart

Reactions: satjay
This is terrible news! Decades is one of my favorites. Out here we do have a Weigel LPTV, with all 7 of their channels. I wonder if they will move any of the Decades fare over over to METV or METV+?
Weigel could move 'Through the Decades' and 'The Dick Cavett Show' to Story Television. 'The Carol Burnett Show' and 'The Best of the Ed Sullivan Show' could move to MeTV and take the place of 'All in the Family' (which will also air on Catchy Comedy) on Sunday evenings by airing 2 episodes each from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM et/pt.

Last edited:
I'm not sure but Weigel could move 'Through the Decades' and 'The Dick Cavett Show' to Story Television and the dramas that aired periodically on Decades to Sunday evenings on MeTV. As a sidenote, I think 'The A Team' would fit better on H&I (Heroes & Icons). This would allow MeTV to move ' Highway Patrol' and 'Dragnet' to the 6:00 and 6:30 PM et/pt time slots as 'Adam-12' would be the lead in as it currently airs at 5:00 PM et/pt.
Weigel may just move some of the more popular material to other channels, as they have several others to choose from. Some of the old B&W stuff is on You Tube anyway.

Weigel may just move some of the more popular material to other channels, as they have several others to choose from. Some of the old B&W stuff is on You Tube anyway.
They are on YouTube but most are bad prints, wrong frame size and some are even missing end credits.

Weigel could move 'Through the Decades' and 'The Dick Cavett Show' to Story Television. 'The Carol Burnett Show' and 'The Best of the Ed Sullivan Show' could move to MeTV and take the place of 'All in the Family' (which will also air on Catchy Comedy) on Sunday evenings by airing 2 episodes each from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM et/pt.
Shows like Dick Cavett are not particularly popular. Could they move? Yes but there is no reason to believe they will

The only shows we watch (watched) on Decades were 'Through the Decades', 'The Dick Cavett Show', 'The Ed Sullivan Show' and 'Laugh-In'. I won't have any reason to watch it at all anymore. I wish them luck with their new line-up but it's nothing that interests me.

The only shows we watch (watched) on Decades were 'Through the Decades', 'The Dick Cavett Show', 'The Ed Sullivan Show' and 'Laugh-In'. I won't have any reason to watch it at all anymore. I wish them luck with their new line-up but it's nothing that interests me.
Decades has run a lot of 50s TV fare that is not seen elsewhere. That I will miss, but we still have METV. Hopefully more people can get METV+ also. I don't even see METV+ available on big dishes. The rest of the channels are on the one bird.

Here's the new overnight lineup on the soon to be Catchy Comedy:

1:30a - Honeymooners
2a - Sgt. Bilko (Phil Silvers Show)
2:30a - Dobie Gillis
3a - Laugh-In
4a - Ed Sullivan
5a - Our Miss Brooks (X2)

Reactions: TheKrell and FTA4PA
Here's the new overnight lineup on the soon to be Catchy Comedy:

1:30a - Honeymooners
2a - Sgt. Bilko (Phil Silvers Show)
2:30a - Dobie Gillis
3a - Laugh-In
4a - Ed Sullivan
5a - Our Miss Brooks (X2)
That is interesting. It looks like Catchy TV will continue to run old B&W fare. That is good to know!!!

Reactions: FTA4PA
So the schedule as of 3/27 is up (via the decades.com site) and there are a couple shows that they wont be able to show on streaming (frndly, philo)

5:00pm – The Odd Couple replaced with Night Court
5:30pm – The Odd Couple replaced with Good Times
2:00am - Sgt. Bilko (Phil Silvers Show) replaced with Get Smart
4:00am - Ed Sullivan replaced with The Donna Reed Show
4:30am - Ed Sullivan replaced with The Donna Reed Show

note this is only if you watch via a streaming site like Frndly and Philo. OTA has the original schedule posted above