Weird issues on Anik 107.3 with Microhd and signal bouncing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satellitecrazy

Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
Nederland, Texas
Hello everyone, my first post on here but definitely not my last.

I have been using a GeosatPro Microhd for well over two years now and I love the unit. It is by far the best one I have ever had. But I notice some strange locking issues with it.

Ok before I start I have a setup like this, my 1.2 ku motorized dish is running in to the 4x1 switch, and the c band dish running to the same 4x1 switch that way I can get both at the same time. I have never had any problems with the ku motor running to the switch and in fact never had a problem at all with the ku birds with this switch.

Now here is my issue or strange problem. On the Anik 107.3 sat on the c band side I love to watch the ctv channels, there are 20 or so on two different transponders. I have noticed that recently when I go to the sat that the signal will be bouncing like crazy on only those two CTV transponders, the rest will be working great coming in 76 or so percent, which is great on the Microhd. Now here is the funny thing, I will be watching CTV when the signal is going good and once I switch to another tp on the sat and switch back to the CTV tp the signal starts bouncing from 40's to 70's and will not be good enough to watch the channel without the pauses and sparkles. Now I switch back to say the weather network on 107.3 or another tp and then switch back again to CTV and boom a steady 76-77 pct quality with no bouncing! I can leave it on there all day and never have an issue, but say I switch over to the other transponder with CTV channels then back again here comes the bouncing again!!! I have to switch to another channel or tp then back again and boom it comes back on steady 76-77 percent.

I also have an issue like this on 87 rtv mux at times too.

All other sats are as good as I can get, I am getting 85 quality on the 99 Bird GDMX feeds and Abc feeds on the vertical side, the 97 sat I am getting 70's on the nueva leon channels and the CWD channels, The dish is tuned good so I know this is just a receiver malfunction.

And btw I was thinking maybe it was the switch. Nope.. I plugged the cable straight to the MICRO and same thing, which is good because I don't want to have to always plug and unplug the ku and c band cables into the micro every time I want to watch them.

Have any of you every experienced this type of problem?

Great site guys!

You may be off a little on your dish alignment, I lock both TPs there with my Micro 4140/ V/30000, 4020/ V/30000, at 85% Q with the same dish as you have. Are those two TPs scanned in with the correct specs, or have they scanned in off a little? What LNBF are you using? It could be drifting maybe, if it's not a PLL. Maybe try a different cable too, could be a cable going bad.

They scan in off a hair. Im using the original lnbf that came with the radio shack dish, but its not the lnbf because i have two and tried them both getting the same thing. When i go out to the dish and push up or down the signal doesnt get any better so i dont know about alignment unless its the feedboom not turned right.

When i go out to the dish and push up or down the signal doesnt get any better
Might still be not optimized. Center your adjustments half way between equal lower Q values found above/below - left/right of your now maximum Q reading. This can make a difference.
If possible, as mentioned by A Raine, try with another coax. If that's not 'handy' at least try replacing the outdoor connectors on the existing coax.

I have a similar but different issue with 107. I can get 4020 V 30000 @ 85% but 4140 V i got nothing. It worked fine up until about 2 weeks ago and i figured it was something simple but I've moved the dish, changed the LNB, new coax , you name it i've done it and got nothing. Any ideas?

4140 works fine here with no changes noted.

Maybe try deleting the transponder and rescanning? Often a good Factory Reset cures unexplained strange problems...

Local terrestrial rf interference can wipe out specific transponders. Hard to determine unless you have a spectrum analyzer.

Deleted the transponder and did a blind scan. It found 4140 V 30000 but no signal. moved the dish a bit in both directions and nothing.

Deleted the transponder and did a blind scan. It found 4140 V 30000 but no signal. moved the dish a bit in both directions and nothing.

What sort of cabling, connectors, and switches do you have in line? I have seen a coax coupler (to extend coax) cause a frequency notch-out so you couldn't get specific transponders.

Try taking your receiver right to the dish, and use a short piece of RG6 to connect to your receiver, and see if that works.

I did that earlier . Went right off the lnb to the reciever. Its odd after adjusting the dish my signal is higher than ever on all sats but that one transponder is just killing me :coco. Time Warner ran new lines in front of where my dish is pointed at but it worked after they did it but maybe they weren't hooked up until recently.

Don't understand. If you deleted 4140 then blind scan and it found 4140, what do you mean that 4140 has no signal?

If you deleted the TP and it blindscanned back into the TP list, the transponder has adequate signal to log into the transponder list.

I'm guessing it is right on the threshold.

Finally got it. I'm not sure what was the real problem was but i changed out the lnb (again) and the cable and skewed it a little more than its original spot. I lost a bit on 4020 ,but 4140 is back where it was before. Thanks for all the ideas. You guys are great! :clapping

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)