Weird Reception problem missing some transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Parabolicman

Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
Ohio
Hi I am having an unusual problem. I will preface this with letting everyone know I use to install satellite systems for a living. This however was back before LNBF's....LNBF"s were just coming out when I moved into other lines of work. I am wondering if this problem has something to do with the LNBF. So while I am very experienced at installation...this problem is one I have not encountered before. On two different Systems miles apart with two different LNBF';s...I am pulling down some of the weaker transponders, but NOT some of the stronger ones. At first I thought it was a polarity problem, but no I get many vertical and horizontal transponders as well. For example I get about 60% of the transponders but can't get any of the "Leasea" feeds. The "Leasea" feeds I joke you can pick up with a hubcap for a dish lol. So I am puzzled why this is happening....any suggestions? Could it be an orientation of the LNBF is not correct? The system for reference is on a fixed dish (Not a polar mount) 6 foot. This is actually a portable set up I am working on....at my home I have a 9 foot dish that works great and a 6 foot one as well. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :)

What other transponders are you missing?

Are you getting the Puerto Rico / Virgin Islands channels and are you getting Livwell?

Have you confirmed you have the right local oscillator setting for the LNBs in use?

Using a taxis 6000hd..... and yes I do get the virgin Islands and livewell network...weird huh Oh and yes my L.O. is set correct...good suggestion though

If you can get Virgin Islands and Livewell then you're receiving channels above and below the Lesea mux on 4000H.

How about the Azteca 7 mux on 97W or ABC-NET on 95W?

Azteca on 4008V and ABC on 4000H. I'm considering some localized microwave interference that might be affecting frequencies around 4GHz.

What's your cabling like? Got any 'barrel connectors' connecting two cables together? I've had some bad ones that "notched" out some frequencies so that I couldn't receive them. I'm sure there's other things such as that to cause notched out frequencies.

It really helps if you lay out your whole system to us, so we know what we are dealing with and don't have to guess and wait for you to reply for the next adjusted guess.

I have narrowed it down....it is the Traxis 6000HD receiver. My Geosat pro receives all the transponders fine but for some reason the same setup will not receive the Leasea feeds (and probably others) when I put the Traxis in place of the Geosatpro....any suggestions?

Old joke

Patient says: "Doctor, Doctor! It hurts when I do this!" (punches himself in the shoulder)
?Doctor says: "Don't DO that!"
Sounds like you need some diagnosis of the 6000.
?Does it have current firmware?
edit: we probably need an entry in the receiver support forum, to discuss the matter relative to the 6000HD.

Patient says: "Doctor, Doctor! It hurts when I do this!" (punches himself in the shoulder)
?Doctor says: "Don't DO that!"
Sounds like you need some diagnosis of the 6000.
?Does it have current firmware?
edit: we probably need an entry in the receiver support forum, to discuss the matter relative to the 6000HD.

LOL!! "then dont do that!" rofl

I also have a Traxis. I believe the last firmware upgrade only fixed some diseqc and usals problems. It,s a good little reciever and gets some channels even an azbox dont.

Here is the issue with the Traxis

I have the latest firmware, but I think they have a bug they need to fix. When I set the LNB on the correct LO freq. It doesn't receive all the transponders. It has two locations for this one on top of each other. So if I set it for " 5150 " (mu LO)on top box it only party works. Even though it all says "5150" in all boxes. However if I set it for" Universal" in the top box (which changes all boxes to 9750) then go down and edit it to say "5150" in the lower boxes it works. Weird!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)