Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new though I've hung around the site an become an adept lurker long ago!

I work as a contracted retailer for Dish Network and DirecTV - though on the office side, I don't do any of the hard work!

This is a great site, tons of information!

Hello! I'm fairly new though I've hung around this site for quite a while before actually joining - it's really great! Tons of information!

I work as a retailer for Dish Network and DirecTV, though on the office side - I don't do any of the hard stuff!

Greetings from Ceskymost

I am glad to join this group; just joined yesterday. I am a retired computer programmer living in Bellevue, Nebraska (near Omaha). I currently do volunteer work for Boy's Town, Nebraska and for the state of Nebraska doing computer work to help the social workers who deal with child abuse.

I am looking for some guidance. I purchased an Expressvu 4100 receiver and obtained service thru Canam. I did not receive a card with my rreceiver but it worked fine. A couple of months ago I started receiving messages that I needed a new card to continue service. I called the phone # provided by Canam in Ontario, Canada and was told that they were prevented from helping me because of court action. What do I do coach? I'd like to get the service. Do I look for a new broker? Do I need to get a new receiver? Can I purchase a new card from anywhere? I love CBC, especially "The National" news show. I am also a huge fan of CFL football.

Looking forward to interplay with you experts.

Steve Wineteer, Bellevue, Nebraska

i joined today to try to figure out why my Dish ViP622 skips (audio only) when playing back a recording, it never does it during live tv. i also want to try to hook up the box to my wireless network using a wireless gaming adapater that requires no configuration (hopefully).

i'm megan, 26, from north carolina, and work in an architectural firm.

Last edited:
Newbie....

Hi all, Bonjour Bonsoir...from France.

New to this forum, but hey..

I have a Dreambox 7020s with 250gig HDD
Fortec Innovative, Manhatten 5800, Other satellite receivers, A couple of fixed dishes and a WaveFrontier 90, with multi LNBF's

Just playin with a ADSL / Internet via satellite system...

Hobby turned....job duh...

Andy

new member saying hi

Hi, I'm a new member. I have a dish vip622 receiver, and hope to soon have a 722k and the TV2 IR converter. I've got a xantech IR-over-coax distribution system in my house, and so I'm one of the folks that has been waiting for an option to control the 622 TV2 with IR.

Hello,
I joined a while ago but never activated my account until today. I have had HD for a while with a 411 receiver, but I just upgraded to a 612 HD DVR today. I am taking a big HD leap this month, upgrading my Dish receiver, TV, A/V receiver, and a PS3 for Blue Ray.

John

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I just found this site today, although I have heard of SatelliteGuys before. Worked as a computer analyst for too many years and retired from job, but still dabble in techy stuff....of course!

So, I'm having an issue with DirecTV and started reading a backlog of info. on this site......quite amazing the wealth of knowledge on here. Bravo! That said, it seems someone may be able to help me with one of my Christmas gifts this year! I understand how 'infrared' technology works so I purchased a RC64R remote (due to lack of receiver box connections in home) and now I question where to connect antenna. Is there anyone who can explain how to set this remote up? Help required when it comes to the connection on receiver, I'm nil on this one.
Hopefully, I will be able to return the favor with past experience in the future. Thanks sooo much!

new to site

Hello everyone!
have been around satellite tv for 20yrs,times are hard now for everyone.I am looking for satellite work myself.Thank you for letting me be a member of this site.

I have been lurking for a while, so I though I should say hi to everyone. I have had a Direct TV system for a little more than a year. I plan on connecting it to the Internet shortly. I'll be researching wireless Ethernet adaptors in your forums. Thanks for the great resource and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts