Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hello All

Visited this site earlier today, found it searching on Goggle for Wild Blue. Great job web hosts, it was located near the top of listings. I've been installing satellite dishes for TV entertainment going on 5 years now and just recently certified on Wild Blue and Hughes Net, opening a whole new can of worms, if you know what I mean. I believe it will be much more profitable in the long run. I look forward to reading and posting in the future.
Good night to all

Hi I'm new to this site? forum etc. but not new to BUDs been doing that for around 20 yrs. Fairly new to FTA DVB. I bought a 4:2:0 digital receiver not knowing most of the network stuff I was looking for was 4:2:2 & foolishly believed i cold get all those channels listed as FTA on Lyngsat. Haha the jokes on me. BTW i tried the Forum pg earlier but all I got was a blank pg w a cursor & nothing appeared when I tried to type something.

Hello All,

I've looked in on this site with interest. Finally registered.

I am a Dish fella, right now with a 510. Looking at upgrading to the ViP622.

I've read a few things in the threads about problems with the ViP622....which is sad :(

However, there have been some positive remarks made about the system when it works....which is good :)

Right now I'm on the year payment plan with Dish, pay for 11 get 12....which is good :)

However, I've read that is not an option anymore with the HDpacks....which is sad :(

I've thought about waiting for the new Tivo Series 3, then just getting the ViP211...but that would just be a single tuner....and yep, that would be sad...:(

The 622 seems the way to go, even if it has bugs it looks like Dish replaces them pretty reasonably...which is good :)

Maybe having that Home Protection Plan they offer is worth it in the short term...if anything happens it seems to happen within a couple of months of use...which is both sad and good :( :)

Of course the warranty is good for 90 days.....so :confused:

Anyway....Hi :D

Attachments

• DCP_0012.JPG
    DCP_0012.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 114
Hello all looking for some help. New to FTA. Elliptical dish with quad lnb setup (Ihope soon. Looking to build my own bracket for 4 lnb setup. Any plans around for that?

Hi,my name is Greg.

I live in Pennsylvania and have a Dish 500 system,with a 301 in 2 rooms. I had a Adelphi system and about 3 years ago,they shut me off with no notice and I had to pay a reconnect fee. We always paid by the end of the month as it was we we got paid. I went a few weeks till I got a real dealer to put Dish in,the first guy gave me excuses. the 2nd guys came out the next day and put it at the end of the peak line and then in the summer the trees got in the way of the signal,he then put it on a big tree and it works fine,but I would really like it on a pole.
The only problem occurs when I listen to my radio for the local profootball team,The Dish is 5 seconds behind the radio.Direct TV has moved into a warehouse near Pittsburgh with lots of vans and is all over trying to switch people,I guess,even saw them at my neighbors,no thanks to DirectTV.
Sorry to ramble...:hungry: