Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi! I am about to sign up for DirecTV and found lots of useful stuff here. I am sick of Comcast and how everthing you could want is just around the corner. I plan on signing up before the current promos expire and was hoping to get a referral but I can't send an email to the links provided (need 3 posts). I'm kind of a quit guy, it could take me weeks to get to three, could one of you guys send me a referral?

My profession is CNC machinest and I play with cars and airplanes.

Thanks, Mikey

Hello to all here on what looks to be an awesome forum. I am looking for info. as I am considering satellite over my present cable. My only concern is the Internet.

Site is a bit overwhelming (not real familiar with forums) and hope to be able to find the info. needed for some of the questions I have.

Thanks...........

Checking in for the First Time....

I keep getting the message that I am supposed to check in and say "Hi" first. So here is my "Hi."

You have so many forums here, I am a bit lost. Can someone give me a link to the best thread for discussing how not to lose the Fox News channel (would like to hang onto the Kudlow program too, if possible), if I go to the Skyvision W-5 package after Dec. 31? :confused:

Cheers,
:)

Hi Everyone!

I'm sitting in the UK, after a lifetime (so far :)) of teaching, electronics and photography! Have reached the state where bits seem to be dropping off, so perhaps I need a new PSU. I'm old enough to remember the humble transistor being on the "secret list" and a "technical" article in 'Reader's Digest' defining it as a small battery! ;)

Found this forum after doing a search for drivers for DVB-S USB; I came across an excellent thread here which will save me from the onerous task of reinventing the wheel!

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and look forward to reading the many threads I see here.

Hi

New here to this forum. Came here in hopes of getting a lot of info and setting up a FTA system. Been with Directv for many years. But wanting to do the hobby side of FTA. Currently have two old perfectly good Primestar dishes I am going to use. One oval, the other is the elliptical shape. The oval is brand new, giving to me from a Satellite/TV repair guy that went out of business. Just received my SG9120 motor today from Galaxy Marketing. Now let fun begin on making a bracket to work with it.

Hello

Hello from Montana, Joined today to see if I can figure out what to do with my 4DTV, NPS tells me it will be junk at the end of the year. Somehow I don't believe them. I guess I will wait and see.