Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys might not be the most detailed DIRECTV CE site, but we are proud to be the friendliest!

As you might have seen the other CE site has imposed new harsh rules to be a participant in their CE program. Here is a copy of these new rules.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Thread : New CE Rule: Please Read and Agree
Started at 11-12-12 01:55 PM by Stuart Sweet
Visit at http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=210332
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[Post 1]
Author : Stuart Sweet
Date : 11-12-12 01:55 PM
Thread Title : New CE Rule: Please Read and Agree

It has come to my attention that many testers, including long-time CE'ers, have been putting far too much "attitude" in their issues posts. Posts with comments like "this is really beginning to annoy me" or "don't understand why this isn't fixed" are becoming the norm, not the exception.

Just so you are aware, posts of that nature are not logged at all, even if they contain legitimate issues.

If you want to be part of the process, if you really want to get your issue fixed, post it succinctly without any attitude or value judgment. That way it will get logged and its priority determined.

With regard to so-called "repeatable" issues, you should presume that if you have posted the same issue with no additional information for more than three consecutive CEs, it has been logged as long as your post is informational and contains no "attitude." There is no need to continue posting these same issues if you have posted them three consecutive times.

As such, we are instituting new rules for CE Issues threads:

(1) If your thread contains disruptive comments or complaints it may be deleted by the staff even if it also contains important information.

(2) So-called "Repeatable" posts may be posted in the first, second, or third issues thread in a cycle. Look at the thread title for the cycle. It is indicated as {CE:34:01}. This is cycle 34, issue thread 1. So, you may post your "repeatable" issues there. However, if this were {CE:34:04}, these repeat posts would be considered spam and deleted.

At the discretion of the staff, anyone who continually ignores this rule will be given a 1-month ban from viewing or posting in the CE threads. Multiple offenses will result in a ban from this site.

Thank you for keeping your posts informational and helpful, and we regret having to take these steps.

Excuse my French, but what kind of CRAP is that?

You will not see a rule like that here at SatelliteGuys.

SatelliteGuys is fully authorized by DIRECTV as a CE site. We have been told by DIRECTV that if we want to participate in the CE program that we need to get the release notes from DBSTalk because they said it was too much of an issue for them to send them to both sites.

When you post issues with CE software those issues ARE seen by DIRECTV. In fact I have been told by DIRECTV employees that they like our feedback left by our members BETTER because its more open and honest. Even they realize that to many people pander to DIRECTV there and will only try saying good things.

Here at SatelliteGuys we want you to be open and honest with your feedback to DIRECTV. The only way DIRECTV can make things better for everyone is be listening to the honest feedback that their testers give them. If feedback is all sugar coated like the way their new rules want it then it is a disservice to everyone who is a DIRECTV customer.

So please don't drop out of the CE program because of DBStalks new stupid rules, instead participate in the CE Program here at SatelliteGuys and feel free to leave your honest feedback without the fear of getting banned because you might offend DIRECTV.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys we are your "Friendly" CE Source!

Man I sure am glad I gave up that "other" site eons ago !!!!

Scott,
I think you should post this on thier site and see how long it lasts !

Scott,
I think you should post this on thier site and see how long it lasts !

3.2 seconds.

We're glad to host the friendly CE side. Glad to keep things simple, no need for a set of rules to read about test software, let alone post feedback about it.

i like this site.maybe we get little love for hr34 tomorrow night.

I don't care for the other site either. I was in the normal Directv forum and said the word CE and you'd thought I said the F word or something. Scott send me and PM and chewed me out for not keeping CE talk inside the CE forum. I like the visitors at this site. They're here to help you and not act better then you for not knowing the answer(s).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I don't care for the other site either. I was in the normal Directv forum and said the word CE and you'd thought I said the F word or something. Scott send me and PM and chewed me out for not keeping CE talk inside the CE forum. I like the visitors at this site. They're here to help you and not act better then you for not knowing the answer(s).

Technically, your suppose to keep the CE talk inside the CE forum here as well. :)

Jimbo said:
Technically, your suppose to keep the CE talk inside the CE forum here as well. :)

I understand that, I can't remember what the person posted but it had to do with a bug and all I said was They fixed it with the CE update. Don't think that was wrong to say. I didn't go into detail how they fixed it.

Thank you to everyone who keeps this site afloat. It's a wonderful site with many friendly members. I had some poor experiences over on DBSTalk and have no interest in returning there. I enjoy participating in the CE program here on SatelliteGuys. Thank you!

You do realize that this new rule really isn't a new rule, right? The Issues thread is meant for Issues. There is a Discussion thread where people can post opinions or discuss things that have and have not been fixed. There's nothing wrong with being critical in the Discussion thread, just leave the opinions and attitudes out of the Issues thread.

- Merg

You do realize that this new rule really isn't a new rule, right? The Issues thread is meant for Issues. There is a Discussion thread where people can post opinions or discuss things that have and have not been fixed. There's nothing wrong with being critical in the Discussion thread, just leave the opinions and attitudes out of the Issues thread.

- Merg

...but it's not just that. Later replies are discouraging multiple posts on same error.

Erm, D*, if you're going to get that perturbed about multiple postings:

1) Post relevant release notes once in a blue moon ("under the hood" has never really cut it)
2) FIX THE ISSUE, or bin the app at fault (I'm looking at you, mediashare).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts