Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Get rid of many of these ads when you become a member of SatelliteGuys Today! Membership is fast and FREE! CLICK HERE to sign up now!

Well I ordered a few goodies from ebay

Discussion in 'Free To Air (FTA) Discussion' started by ussexplroer, Mar 7, 2013.

1. ussexplroer

ussexplroer Thread Starter Active SatelliteGuys Member

So after all the cheap stuff going around I decided to order it. I have not ordered any satellite equitment for a few years. The closet thing I got was purchasing a vintage sat meter. One that would be used in the early 90's to aim large buds & some rg6 cables from the local thrift store.

New items via ebay.

NS741u C & Ku Universal ku band lnbf.

Conical Scaler ring & lnb bracket c to ku band kit.

X2 premiun HD pvr Satellite Receiver.

So I'm going to play around trying to setup a minibud. First on a 39" dish since that is what I use. I also have a 1.2m dish but no way to put it up yet. I read about how I should have probably got a cband only lnbf. But this is for playing around and if I get a few more channels. I'll be happy.

As for the sat receiver not sure how much use it will be. I know there is a few dvb-s2 signals floating around ku band. (feeds.) so we will see how that goes. I have not heard of any talk of hd on ku so I hope there is something.

Now the ns741u has white springs international on it. I would going to ask if that is from our sponser or not. I know alot of these ebay dealers are either the sponser or they purchase/order in bulk and it is ship directly from the warehouse. I have wanted to ask that question. When I ordered my first dish years ago I found out it came from California from one of the sponsers back then.

TTFN,

Josh

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. Tron

Tron SatelliteGuys Family

There is quite a bit of HD on Ku Band. Many occasional HD feeds, but NBC (103W) and PBS (125W) have 24/7 HD channels.

3. turbosat

turbosat SatelliteGuys Family

Yep you musta been out of it for awhile, there's hd signals all over the birds now, mostly occasional but definitely there.

4. skysurfer

skysurfer Active SatelliteGuys Member

and unfortunately a lot more encrypted for a lot of occasional feeds. Still quite a bit of stuff in SD and HD to watch and enjoy though.