Well there goes the neighborhood....

One thing I noticed today is that if you are playing a show (lets say 2 1/2 men as example) in the playback menu (where the DVR options are for the show like delete, play, start over, etc) there is no way to search for upcoming shows of it. If you press # the search screen is blank and there is no menu option to "search additional showings"

Can the "bigger" units (722/622) and in essence a flaw in the 211 or is that even an option?

Not an option on any of them.... unless, if you want to know if that show is playing in the next week again, you can unhide blocked shows and see them.....

bummer...I know on the R22 it is an option. Works real well if you record one episode of a new series and then decide "hey I liked it". From that menu (where you playback) you can set it to record the whole series or see additional episodes

oh well...learn something new daily :)

I think there is something in 'Timers' that might be able to do that. I don't have anything stored on the 722 except what is on my EHD at the moment but I'm restoring it as I type. When it is done, it says in 10 minutes, I'll see what i can find out and report.

I think there is something in 'Timers' that might be able to do that. I don't have anything stored on the 722 except what is on my EHD at the moment but I'm restoring it as I type. When it is done, it says in 10 minutes, I'll see what i can find out and report.

Having some difficulty, starting over... :)

OK, no, there isn't a way to do it from that screen. You can do things from the 'Scheduled' screen though.......

I found that out too. So its a different menu where it can be done

Also I mentioned with the unit off it wont buffer the channel you're on. Found out if you are recording a OTA program it WILL buffer the last sat channel. I was recording TMZ (yeah I know......) from OTA at 6:00 and when I turned on the receiver at 6:20 I could go back on the sat channel I had it on last back to 5:59 (when the OTA timer fired)

well finally added a couple items to make my Dish setup a little more "Dish" friendly ;)

swapped out the old Ghetto rigged Phase II dish and the SW31. Last week went to the lake house and found a D500 and Legacy Twin there (I KNEW we had stored that somewhere)....put that on the mast and hooked it up with a SW21. So D500 with Legacy Twin for 110/119 and a 36" dish for 129. Combined with a SW21

I did gain a couple points on 119 by using the D500 :)

. . . .Found out if you are recording a OTA program it WILL buffer the last sat channel. I was recording TMZ (yeah I know......) from OTA at 6:00 and when I turned on the receiver at 6:20 I could go back on the sat channel I had it on last back to 5:59 (when the OTA timer fired)

That was the biggest thing about Dish DRV over the one from my former cable company. That one would buffer up to two hours.

RT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts