WFTV-HD not on 9.1?

DailyRich

Original poster
Oct 18, 2013
Orlando
I have an HD box in the living room but connect directly to the TV in bedroom. All the over-the-air HD channels come through fine on the bedroom TV, but for some reason, 9.1 is WESH-HD instead of WFTV-HD. The WFTV-HD is up on 15.7. Is this normal? Seems like a weird decision if it's deliberate.

You might as well go ahead and get yourself a Digital Adapter. You are going to need one anyway and your first two are free until 2015. Contact Customer Care and they will take care of you or you can pick one up at your local lobby location.

You might as well go ahead and get yourself a Digital Adapter. You are going to need one anyway and your first two are free until 2015. Contact Customer Care and they will take care of you or you can pick one up at your local lobby location.

going to ask dumb question but what is a digital adapter? i presume you aren't speaking of a receiver or dvr.

Bright house is going ALL digital on all there channels, so every customer will now need a box at each tv just like with satellite service. The digital adapter is a generic basic box that will provide service on those tvs for those not wanting to pay for a full service box. All TVs in the house will soon need one of them so good to start getting them now.

Reliable source tells me BHN goes all digital February 2014, and going even further and encrypting all QAM sometime thereafter. (No more free QAM locals in SD/HD on your QAM-tuner TVs and aux tuner devices that aren't cable-card equipped.) The days of free basic/standard cable service on all TVs in your house are going, going gone.

Looks like I put up an antenna in Feb then. There is no reason to encrypt and I do not want another box on each of my tvs pulling power. all it does is complicate my remote setup and another thing to hear complaints from my wife. Roku rocks!

I keep thinking about pulling the plug on CTV and going to Roku +Netflix (both of which I have) and adding Hulu and an antenna. There are a few things I would miss (not many if I really put up an antenna), but I keep asking myself, are they worth $1200 a year? The answer is always no, but I still don't pull the rip cord. Inertia you know.

I wonder if BHN realizes how many people are hanging on by a thread?

I keep thinking about pulling the plug on CTV and going to Roku +Netflix (both of which I have) and adding Hulu and an antenna. There are a few things I would miss (not many if I really put up an antenna), but I keep asking myself, are they worth $1200 a year? The answer is always no, but I still don't pull the rip cord. Inertia you know.

I wonder if BHN realizes how many people are hanging on by a thread?

All the cable companies realize video is a dying service. Thus the push for more broadband. You will still need that broadband connection to get your hulu or netflix. Just understand this as more and more people go these routes internet rates go up and then usage caps come into place.

Bright house is going ALL digital on all there channels, so every customer will now need a box at each tv just like with satellite service. The digital adapter is a generic basic box that will provide service on those tvs for those not wanting to pay for a full service box. All TVs in the house will soon need one of them so good to start getting them now.

Correction....

CFL is going all digital not our entire footprint. Those customers impacted have already been notified.

Reliable source tells me BHN goes all digital February 2014, and going even further and encrypting all QAM sometime thereafter. (No more free QAM locals in SD/HD on your QAM-tuner TVs and aux tuner devices that aren't cable-card equipped.) The days of free basic/standard cable service on all TVs in your house are going, going gone.

Then you need to get rid of that reliable source because they are clueless. Only CFL is going all digital. My suggestion is you leave the sourcing to me. I will let you know who, what, when, where and why as needed.

Don't quit your day job on that prediction....unless your concept of time is really long...I will let you know if things change.

The entire industry is moving that way. It is the only economical way left to reclaim bandwidth. As a massive 1gig upgrade is just not going to happen. Cable has very little options to increase bandwidth capacity to compete. Going all digital is the cheapest and fastest way to do this. Really long is relative. But within the next couple years id expect most the nations cable plants to be all digital. It is just the natural evolution of things. If they do not go fiber to the home then all digital is the next best option available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)