WGN America no longer in FLEX PACK

'97DISH*user

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
I'm HERE!!!!
I have one pissed off wife who watches Salem... Notice this morning WGN was no longer in my Flex grid. It WAS actually listed in the Flex channel line this morning and now when I called DISH to complain the customer service Rep said it was NOT in the line up!! Anyone else have the same issue. I know the rest of WGN line up sucks but my wife will miss "Salem"

Anyone from DIRT share some info and please
take this as my official complaint!!!

WGN moved to a different package as of 3:55pm on the 20th of december according to james long uplink report

There's more, ch. 9606 which shows you the add on packs clearly shows El Rey 253 listed under the Latino add on.

Guess what? It's not. Another mistake and false advertising OR is it coming soon? Highly doubt it.

Reactions: pattykay
Well Salem is cancelled and only had 4 more episodes to go in 2017 till it was over. IF you wait a year this season will be on Netflix to watch . I was in to the show ,but it was gone so long this time I had almost forgot about it ,till the timer picked it up. I can wait till some time next year when it finally gets added to Netflix.

Also be careful if you do in fact add the Latino pack and then remove it in short time. I added the pack for El Rey network which was advertised on Dish ch. 9606 and since that is an error on Dishes part, I have since removed it but got slapped with a $5 programming charge. Why and can I contest this charge? Thanks

There is no charge to change Flex add on packs so you should find out why you got charged.

Reactions: Yragha
Only the" add on "packs don't get a charge to remove.

Latino pack isn't really an add on pack like the others.

Its been available long before the Flex pack has been around .
It used to be in the Alacart section (where the Multi sport pack currently is) for $9.99

And those add-on packs don't have a downgrade fee no matter what basepackage you remove them from.

FLEX basepack has nothing to do with that at all.

Premiums, Multisports ,Adult, Latino, and the individual channels all come with a downgrade fee if dropped within the first 30 days of adding.

Reactions: ZachS@DISH
I have one pissed off wife who watches Salem... Notice this morning WGN was no longer in my Flex grid. It WAS actually listed in the Flex channel line this morning and now when I called DISH to complain the customer service Rep said it was NOT in the line up!! Anyone else have the same issue. I know the rest of WGN line up sucks but my wife will miss "Salem"

Anyone from DIRT share some info and please
take this as my official complaint!!!

Just buy her the digital season on iTunes or something this is the final season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only the" add on "packs don't get a charge to remove.

Latino pack isn't really an add on pack like the others.
Not quite. Latino is a relatively "new" add-on for Flex Pack, but it is in fact advertised as such and listed in the add-on section when you login to your mydish account, so the same rules "should" apply, although it is apparently not flagged in Dish's system that way yet.

Not quite. Latino is a relatively "new" add-on for Flex Pack, but it is in fact advertised as such and listed in the add-on section when you login to your mydish account, so the same rules "should" apply, although it is apparently not flagged in Dish's system that way yet.
I'm just going by whats been in the past.
There has always been a downgrade charge on the Latino pack before the Add on packages were even available.
Latino pack has been an option right from the beginning of FLEX pack.
It was just in a different location then the Current add on packs.

And again those other "Add on" packs can be added and removed from any Basepackage within 30 days without a Charge.
Not Just the Flex pack.

I'm just going by whats been in the past.
There has always been a downgrade charge on the Latino pack before the Add on packages were even available.
By that logic, there should also be a downgrade charge on the Heartland and Outdoor packs, since those packages were also around long before Flex Pack, and both are still available as add-ons for Welcome Pack.

Reactions: Yragha
By that logic, there should also be a downgrade charge on the Heartland and Outdoor packs, since those packages were also around long before Flex Pack, and both are still available as add-ons for Welcome Pack.
Dude, I don't make the rules.
Latino Pack was never an "ADD ON" pack until just recently.

They just moved it probably less than 30 days ago into the Add On packs area of MY Dish account.

Before that, It was located with Multisports pack, The Blaze and the other Previous A La Cart packages.

Having the Flex Pack doesn't entitle you to free downgrades.

That was a Myth from day 1.
You can have Top 200 and add or drop any of those ADD-ON PACKS Except Latino pack and not be subjected to a Downgrade fee even if 30 days hasn't been fulfilled.

Maybe Dish is going to start charging a Downgrade Fee on those ADD-ON packs.
Latino pack is just the start, Who knows.

You can have Top 200 and add or drop any of those ADD-ON PACKS Except Latino pack and not be subjected to a Downgrade fee even if 30 days hasn't been fulfilled.
Which still doesn't answer the question about Heartland, Outdoor, and Welcome Pack. I was not arguing with most of what you said. Dish very well may not have had enough time to change the "rules" for the Latino Pack, if indeed they are going to change it to be more consistent with the other add-ons. I was looking for a little more clarification on that point. (Preferably from DIRT)

Which still doesn't answer the question about Heartland, Outdoor, and Welcome Pack. I was not arguing with most of what you said. Dish very well may not have had enough time to change the "rules" for the Latino Pack, if indeed they are going to change it to be more consistent with the other add-ons. I was looking for a little more clarification on that point. (Preferably from DIRT)
Zach from dirt Liked post No. 8

Apparently he figured the question was answered since he never commented.

Zach from dirt Liked post No. 8

Apparently he figured the question was answered since he never commented.
There is no such thing as a "Line-Item Like," so there is no way to tell which part (or parts) of the post he "Liked" unless he replies.

Zach may have forgotten that Latino Pack is now an "Add-On."

There is no such thing as a "Line-Item Like," so there is no way to tell which part (or parts) of the post he "Liked" unless he replies.

Zach may have forgotten that Latino Pack is now an "Add-On."

The Programming Change Fee is charged when programming is removed within 30 days of addition. This fee will not be charged if it's within 60 days of activation, restart, or bundle/unbundle, if the account is placed on DISH Pause or within 30 days of removing pause. Flex Pack and Channel Packs are excluded from the fee. Yragha should contact a member of the DIRT team or a phone agent if he feels he was charged a fee when he shouldn't have been.

Now back to the actual topic of this thread.

I called Dish to complain about losing WGN America, and I got one free month of Epix. It is not much, but it is better than nothing. (I'll admit I didn't push very hard.)

Now back to the actual topic of this thread.

I called Dish to complain about losing WGN America, and I got one free month of Epix. It is not much, but it is better than nothing. (I'll admit I didn't push very hard.)

At least it is something. And how dare you stick to the topic....

Reactions: pattykay
The Programming Change Fee is charged when programming is removed within 30 days of addition. This fee will not be charged if it's within 60 days of activation, restart, or bundle/unbundle, if the account is placed on DISH Pause or within 30 days of removing pause. Flex Pack and Channel Packs are excluded from the fee. Yragha should contact a member of the DIRT team or a phone agent if he feels he was charged a fee when he shouldn't have been.

Thanks and done. Matt was kind enough to credit my account.