WGN no longer part of lifeline (Limited Basic)?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I never thought I'd see this.
Looking at the channel chart and WGN America (or whatever they are calling themselves now) is no longer in Limited Basic (Lifeline)?

As long as I can remember (back to when my grandma had cable in the early 80s) WGN was ALWAYS in lifeline (even through all the names/buyouts we had). It was on channel 12 until 2000 then it moved to 22.

TBS and CNN are still in lifeline for Comcast in Minneapolis (on 7 & 3 in SD....HD numbers in the 800's)

rad

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
As someone that lived in the Chicago area for 55 years I used to watch them at least once a day. But with all the changes in programming over the last year or so the only program I watch is Mathatten.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I know they changed their programming and dropped the sports But it seems odd that they would get moved to a higher package (digital starter)

But then again this is comcast and they moved TCM & Spike out of the digital starter pack recently

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
It's been that way here in Chattanooga Tennessee area for awhile. Starter or above. TBS is still in lifeline with CSPAN 1,2 and shopping channels. Ice, just to be clear for me, do you have lifeline or starter? Sorry, I got confused

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I have starter (its included in the rent).

I was just making an observation on the channel card I picked up at the local office when I got my cable card. TBS and CNN are still in lifeline for Comcast in Minneapolis

Reactions: andy_horton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)