What are the 9000 series channels?

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I noticed while re-editing the guide there are a few channels in the 9000s, most of them are "repeat" channels such as Pixl, HDNet movies, and there are a few special channels as well.

Is there any special purpose for it?

Those channels are the actual numbers for the channels. Dish then "maps down" or copies them to the lower numbers. Works especially for locals where you want the channels number to match the actual channel number is possible.

It also allows DISH to move channels around or group them at the lower number without changing the actual number.

There are few public interest channels and others up there also, some that may not have a lower number. (such as Link TV)

Business Info TV- BTV Channel 9662, what is it? Says call 1800 blah blah blah to subscribe. I did, but they can't tell me anything about it.

Business Info TV- BTV Channel 9662, what is it? Says call 1800 blah blah blah to subscribe. I did, but they can't tell me anything about it.
Thats a channel they can rent to broadcast tings like company meetings, training etc on.

You have a credit card and your own video... you can get it aired there. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts