What are the chances this will work?

Nasty am!

Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
I live in a 2 story apartment complex, I am on the first floor. I made a little map on how everything is set up, and I was wondering how strong signal for voom would be or if I can get a signal at all. (Do they normally put the dish on a pole in the ground when they install at apartments or do they plop it on the roof.) If it goes on the second storys roof I don't think it would be a problem... I'm just worried that they might have to put it on the ground and then I see a problem coming my way. :(

Attachments

• apartmentSetup.jpg
    apartmentSetup.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 280
Where do you live? That makes a great difference as far as elevation goes. It's 11 degrees on the West Coast for 44 degrees for me near Atlanta. Also, you said these were two story apartments. How much distance between the two buildings?

I live in Florida, about 30 minutes from Tampa Bay. Between the two apartments I would say there is about 20 - 25feet.

Nasty said:
I live in Florida, about 30 minutes from Tampa Bay. Between the two apartments I would say there is about 20 - 25feet.

Hard to say given the info you've provided. Sounds like you might not have line of sight. Will your apartment complex actually allow you to install on the roof? I would be very surprised. According to FCC regs, they can't prevent you from installing on your exclusive use property, but they can prevent you from installing on common property such as walls, roofs, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)