what are the PI stations you are getting?

You have to be subscribed to SOMETHING on Dish to get the PI stations. Locals, essentials, AT, Family pack, Bloomberg a la carte, international...something. The PI channels are free WITH anything. They are not (or should not be) available at all otherwise.

See ya
Tony

I checked with Direct. My account is listed as Dominion and is in good standing. Seems the lifetime subscrition still means something at Direct. They wanted to cacel the subsription but we said no. They are even going to send a check for the $60 that was on balance with skyangel.

I checked with Direct. My account is listed as Dominion and is in good standing. Seems the lifetime subscrition still means something at Direct. They wanted to cacel the subsription but we said no. They are even going to send a check for the $60 that was on balance with skyangel.

huh??? You mean Dish right??

I do not think Direc TV ever had a relationship with Dominion......but I've only been following Sky Angel for about a year and a customer for one month. I could be wrong....

If I understand right the former SA sub would have allowed us to keep the PI without subscribing to anything else? Had I known that I might have not subscribed to anything, but the $15 for Essentials Service + locals and Cinemax for a penny and the PI Pak isn't too bad so I'm not complaining. That's just about the best bang for the buck today anywhere!

I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay more for it since I really just wanted locals & PI, but it's not a bad package all considered. :up

But as was my concern what happens if the receiver croakes? You're just out I guess because I very much doubt they would even allow you to substitute another receiver without a paid subscription.

I was receiving all of the PI channels listed in the above link. I have one DISH pointed at 61.5 and one DISH pointed at 110/119. As of yesterday I lost all PI channels except 3ABN-9710, NASA-213 and Angel-262 and a few others that I had blocked out. I called DISH network to see what I needed to do to continue receiving the other PI channels like, Pentagon Channel, StarFish, EducatorTV, BYU, CSPAN, etc... The person I was talking to kept putting me on hold and insisted that there were no such channels. I asked him if I paid the monthly access fee or subscribed to an a la carte like Bloomberg could I get them. What about DISH Family package? He claims there are not any PI Channels available. I told him that when I had DISH Family package before that I had the free PI channels. He seemed to think that they were included in Sky Angel and informed me that Sky Angel was no longer available as of March 31st.
I only want a few of the PI Channels and now I have no way of receiving them.
~MYB~

Yes, they went away yesterday for me and my father-in-law as well. I was waiting to see if anyone else had the same thing happen. We are not subscribed to any Dish Network programing. I wanted to see how long we would be able to view the PI channels after April 1st. The answer is 27 days.
Bob

Time for another installment of CSR Roulette!

NASA, 3ABN and Angel 1 are free access channels. Anyone with a legitimate Dish receiver will be able to get these.

The Free Public Interest channels are available with any Dish Network programming. If you get the Family package, some of the PI package is included, but you have to ask for the rest. They read you an advisory about the content and once you agree, you get them.

Call back. Be sure to say Public Interest Package. If they do not believe you, have them look at their own web site!

DISH Network -- Channels

Network: Three Angels Broadcasting Network

Channel Name: 3ABN

Category: PUBLIC INTEREST

Description:

Satellite:

Channel:

Available in:

AMERICA'S "EVERYTHING" PAK
AMERICA'S TOP 100
AMERICA'S TOP 100 PLUS
AMERICA'S TOP 100 PLUS (WITH LOCALS)
AMERICA'S TOP 200
AMERICA'S TOP 250
DISH LATINO DOS (W LOCALS)
DISH LATINO DOS DHA
DISH LATINO EVERYTHING PAK
DISH LATINO MAX (W LOCALS)
DISH LATINO MAX DHA
DISH Latino Dos w/o Playboy Espanol
DISH Latino Max w/o Playboy Espanol
DISHFAMILY
DishLATINO Dos w/Playboy Espanol
DishLATINO Max w/Playboy Espanol
PUBLIC INTEREST CHANNELS

See ya
Tony

NASA, 3ABN and Angel 1 are free access channels. Anyone with a legitimate Dish receiver will be able to get these.

I am afraid that's just not true. NASA & Angel One are also available to a FTA receiver. And in my case I can also get the Miami locals because I'm in the spotbeam.

:)

Scroll,

If you have a hacked dish receiver that is blowed up, or an unsubscribed (virgin) Dish receiver, you don't get these channels. Since this is a Dish Network forum, the information was tailored to Dish Network subscribers.

See ya
Tony

If a receiver is blown how does it receive anything? :confused:

I don't know about a never subscribed card in a Dish receiver. But it seemed only right to point out that these channels are legitimately available on a FTA receiver as they are unscrambled, at least currently and for some time now.

And as many in this particular forum have considered switching to GloryStar it adds a reuse option for that old 61.5 antenna to be able to get these channels if repointed to 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts