What Are You Watching With A 6-Foot Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WSInternational

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 24, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
First, I'd like to thank everybody for their support. We have had a good number of the forum members order the promotional pricing we have on the 6-foot 180cm C band satellite dish. We still have plenty more in stock and ready to be picked up or shipped from our Atlanta branch.

It think it would be good for everyone who has a 6-foot (180cm) dish to share with all of us which satellite (C, and/or Ku) and Free To Air channels you are picking up using. Or if you have changed from a 4-footer (120cm) or even a 3-footer (90cm) miniBUD, to the 6 footer, what additional satellites were you able to pick up or what type of increase in signal quality you gained.

You don't necessarily need to have bought the 6 foot dish from us.

In fact, we just had our last giveaway end not long ago, and since we had not had a giveaway for a while before the last one (Mostly my fault because I've been so busy trying to get our Los Angeles distribution center up and running), let's turn this thread into a giveaway as well..... Post your story and I will use RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service to do a drawing based on your permalink #.

Drawing will be held October 31st at midnight and the winner announced right here the following day.

In order for your post to qualify for the drawing, it must include the following:

-Brand & Model number (if available) of satellite dish you are using.
-Brand & Model number of LNBF you are using.
-Brand & Model number of the receiver you are using.
-Number of satellites you receive signal from.
-State if it's C band & Ku band
-Number of actual FTA channels you receive, total.

Remember, results must be from a 6 foot dish, not smaller or larger.

As for the prize, it will be your choice of one of the following, literally world famous WS International DMX line of C, & CKu band LNBFs

1. The Genuine & Original DMX741 with Standard Ku LNBF

2. The genuine & original DMX741U with Universal Ku LNBF

3. The Genuine & Original DMX242 Twin C band LNBF

You have seen the positive reviews on them right here on SatelliteGuys, and here is your chance to own a free one!!!! Remember, all WS International brand of satellite equipment comes with a full 2-year warranty! No other company stands behind their products like WS International.

One last thing :) : The winner will receive free shipping on this prize, but only within the continental USA.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Dish- Sadoun prime focus 6 panel solid dish
LNB- DMX 741
V-Box (PowerMax)
Actuator-QARL 3624
Receiver- Solomend
36 satellites
I have had good results with my set-up.guess a few of my favorite satellites woud be AMC3,9 and G16.So many FTA stations c and ku to choose from!At least a few hundred i have stored.I get many s2 channels and have had very little problems so far with watching hi bit rates.Very glad i got into the FTA world.

Dish, WS1870 P
LNBF, DMX232 Twin c band with Dielectric plate
Satellite , NSS 806
Channels, 92
Receivers , Traxis 3500, Captain 8000HD
Very good signal.

Dish- The WSI bargain 6 footer ( don't think it has a model #)

Lnbf - DMX242, dual output C-band

Sats- 22 sats , between 83W and 139W , I've scanned, C-band only.

Channels - 297 currently ( I have to pare those down, they're not all necessary, and there are others out there, my primary receiver is NOT a blindscan box, so I enter tp's than I want ).

Receivers - Coolsat 8000, Coolsat 5000 ( or Pansat 2700, Mercury II) for blindscan, Genpix skywalker-1 and Profs 7500, for weird stuff and stream analysis.

I'm getting sports feeds that I couldn't get before, and getting feeds that I got last summer, but not this summer with my 4 foot minibud ( STO HD, for example ). Getting much higher Q numbers on the receivers than I've ever seen on the minibud. Even picking up some DVB-S2, hi bitrate feeds without a problem. ( CS8000 won't handle them, but the Profs 7500 does fine) .
:)

Channelmaster 6' fiberglass offset, WSI 241 c band lnb and conical scalar. Dish parked on 91W for EWTN. Connected to Pansat 3500. Great signal with the conical scalar. Sits on the shop roof in town.

WSI 6' dish dmx242, parked @ 91w till I wait for it to rain so's I can bury the wire (lesson learned the hard way)
P'star 1m/lnbf sg2100, pansat 3500
P'star 1m jcs321, fortec dynamic 30W

Been lurking nigh onto 6 years, after Ivan took down a wild cherry tree that destroyed my patriot. Put the lnb on a fixed P'star 1m/ pansat 300? and then a coship for gits and shiggles and got TOC! the race was on then!!!!

I actually think Iceberg might have been just a wee Icecube back then!

Dish- The WSI bargain 6 footer as well.

Lnbf - BSC621 C/Ku LNBF

Receiver-OpenBox S9

Getting 13 Sats (Tree Issues). After getting my feet wet with experimenting with a Hot Dish Mini-Bud setup,I just had to get into C-Band. And this 6-foot Deal made it possible.
Getting somewhere over 200 ( Both KU and Cband) Channels,with some deleting.;)

well I've got 2 6 foot dishes
-Fortec 6 footer
-WSI DMX242
-4 receivers hooked to it. Coolsat 5000, azbox, analog receiver, Viacast 1500
-just one...99W
-C-Band
-varies due to feeds but on average 41 digital (including radio) and 2 or 3 analog channels
yes this is the one that is on the table

2nd setup
-Fortec 6 footer
-GeosatPro C2 dual LNB
-GeosatPro 200 and once in a while a Pansat 2500
-all...its the ghetto moved rig so I can see from 55.5 to 139 but I have to hand move it. Can get to 43W during fall and winter when no leaves on trees blocking the LOS
-C-Band
-unknown....well lets put it this way...add up most of the channels on the C-Band side of thelist and there ya go :)

Dishes: 1.8M WS1870P, 1.2M WS1247M , 90cm WS9036 .9M ( Is there is trend here? ;) )

LNBF: DMX521, DMX242, DMX 241 and Invacomm QPH-031

Receivers: AZBox Ultra HD and Pansat 2500

# Satellites: ~25 or everything between 72-135W both C and Ku

I mainly watch sporting events and whatever interesting feeds that appear. Total number of channels I can get is in the hundreds but I don't watch the majority

Dish: Sadoun 6 foot prime focus fixed dish with stand (SD180G)
LNBF: Eagle Aspen B1SAT stacked C-Band LNBF
Receiver: Visionsat IV-200
Satellite: AMC-3 at 87W

I receive ThisTV, the NASA mux, and several other channels from this satellite (~15 channels in all), all with good quality numbers.

Dish: Sadoun 6 foot prime focus fixed dish with stand (SD180G)
LNBF: DMX741 of course (C and ku)
Receiver: Solomend PVR800 (DVBs2,HD,mpeg4,mpeg2)
Satellites: Could get more but have satellites between 72W and 137W. Only satellite I have trouble with is AMC18 at 105 West. Cant get over 10% sig on any TP for that sat and its clear open sky to it. GREAT qual on all other sats for C and ku. All TPs but a few are 75 to 80 quality for C and Ku.
Channels: Same as Ice... Look at the FTA channel list and if its in english its in my channel list. 6ft dish does C-band no problem.

Dish- WS International The WSI bargain 6 footer , 1 installed 1 to be installed soon.

Lnbf - WS International DMX242, dual output C-band

Receiver: Open Box S9

1 C band dish and 3 KU band dishes (4 sats)

FTA channels 22 channels / deleted what we dont watch.

i Cant put a motor on the dishes as i am shooting though lots of tall trees.

need to add more more.

Dish- WS International The WSI bargain 6 footer

Lnbf - SL1P - GEOSATpro SINGLE STANDARD PRIME FOCUS (Ku Only)

Receiver: AzBox Ultra

FTA channels about 100, nbc on 103, galaxy 97 channels, Ku wild feeds

Thanks for the contest Robbie.

Dishes
3 Prodelin offset commercial fiberglass from 1990s converted to C band.
1 Fortec Star FC06-180cm

LNBFs
Geosatpro C2 -3 in use
Gospell GCFD11R
Tee-comm T-1500 Ku band -2 in use along side the main LNBF

Watching Channels
105W for 4DTV C band subscription channels and 101W 2 feeds :)
95W C band and 97W hundreds channels but watching and listening to about 6
99W C band watching Caribbean and Lesea 10 channels?
127W LCN

Receivers in use
Motorola 922 105W
Pansat 2700A 127,95,97W
Diamond 9000HD 101W

-WSI Bargain 6 Footer (Replaced 5 Foot Echostar Prime Focus Dish)

-WSI DMX41 Single Output C-Band LNB

-COOLSAT 7000 Receiver

-SatMex 6 @113 (30 Unscrambled Channels and 50+ Q)

-TEMPORARILY ON 99

Went from this (Finely Tuned Echostar 5 footer)
IMG00006-20101003-1450.jpg

To this (minimal tuning, started getting dark out)

IMG00008-20101003-2210.jpg

-Brand & Model number (if available) of satellite dish you are using.
WS International bargain 6 footer.
-Brand & Model number of LNBF you are using.
WS International DMX242 dual C band LNBF
-Brand & Model number of the receiver you are using.
Fortec classic NA receiver.
-Number of satellites you receive signal from.
Parked on 99W right now until I get time to hook up my actuator and Vbox positioner.
-State if it's C band & Ku band
C band only.
-Number of actual FTA channels you receive, total.
I get everything on TheList for 99W.

-Fortec Star 6' C-Band
-Geosat dual output standard
-Openbox HD PVR (Sathawk)
-The dish is stationary so one at a time.
-Cband
-16 Video and 20 Radio channels (AMC3 @ 87W)

Thanks for another great opportunity to win a cool prize!

WSI Bargain 6 footer C band w/ WSI actuator and WSI 90cm KU w/WSI motor
DMX 741 C/KU
Coolsat 6000
GBOX positioner
6 Footer 99w-103w other sats qual is lower until tweaking this week
12 video 4 audio on C and everything on list for ku 63-121 on WSI 90cm
Thanks Robby for the great products

Hi Guys.... Sorry I'm late a little in announcing the winner.... The winner is #17, a_hockeynut. Congratulations. Thanks to everyone who participated and thanks for the support. Please send me a PM and let me know which LNBF you want along with your shipping address and I'll get one out to you right away.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)