What can you use the Smart Card slot for?

There's at least one. My church has a Glorystar receiver with a card in it, they are providing a Beth Moore broadcast of some sort that is apparently encrypted.

card slot

I was under the impression that the BISS-1, BISS-E encryption is built-in to the receiver and receives its KEYS from the FIRMWARE updates. And that the card slot is just for adding additional IRDETO or other types for in-church and other special situations/broadcasts. The built-in cardless BISS-1 BISS-E is an automatic system, as I understand it which is already built-into the receiver. Either the KEYS are transmitted with the FIRMWARE updates or are PRE-SET at manufacturing time of the receiver.

I guess if there is a time when BISS encryption pops up on my Mercury II receiver on a channel, I guess I could try same channel on my DVR1100c receiver, see if it gets it or not. I'm not really sure what Glorystar is planning/going to do with the built-in cardless BISS-1/E feature. Time will tell. All of this assumes that my info on this matter/subject is correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)