what dish? 119 / 110 / 129 ?

ErikT

Original poster
Dec 1, 2023
Wisconsin
I have a VIP 722 receiver and because of trees I was running a dish 500 with a DPP+ LNB hitting 119 & 110 and a separate 18" dish at 129.
I understand the 129 satellite is now dead, and channels have been changed to 110 or 119 satellites? I have been having issues when changing channels I get a error screen for sometimes 30 seconds before the channel comes on. Should I eliminate the 129 dish and put a standard dish 500 LNB back on the dish 500? Or would I gain anything moving my 18" dish and point it at 121 ?
My issues started when they dropped 129 I have channels missing like dish interactive weather and a lot of the old standard def channels. I never had the issues changing channels getting the error message before they dropped 129.

Part of the 129 retirement included removing many SD channels. 121 doesn't have anything on it that you would watch, they are all business channels. You could remove the 129 dish and hardware and that would simplify your installation. After removal, do a check switch to reset your installation. Your DPP LNB should be fine and it would not be in your best interest to change it out to a DP. You might do a check switch before doing anything at all. Your DPP LNB might be going bad. I think your best bet to start is to remove the coax from the 18" to the Dish 500 and then do a check switch to remove the 129 from your matrix and then see if you have better luck.

Dish interactive and sd duplicate channels are no more. So as far as that part goes there's nothing you can do. For the 30 second delay and error screen, need more details to what the actual error is. But you may have low signal and possibly the trees are swaying in the wind and partially blocking signal. Make sure dish is sturdy and no loose bolts. If it's sturdy take your phone and go to camera and set your phone sideways on the arm of the dish facing out toward the lnb. Take a picture. If there is anything above the lnb at all in the entire picture from left to right then it's blocking signal.

Reactions: charlesrshell