What dish is used to receive standard programming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It was Iceberg who insisted that it be a wing dish install (Posts 14, 16, 18 and 21) until dishrich cleared up the issue in post 46.
Only because he looked at that inaccurite DBS Talk spread sheet, and lynsat is never that up to date either,but he still amitted he wasn't correct. You fail to do the same.

It was Iceberg who insisted that it be a wing dish install (Posts 14, 16, 18 and 21) until dishrich cleared up the issue in post 46.

Because I went off the DirecTV site which still says a "second dish". Dishrich corrected me with the new information that they are phasing out the 72.5 slot. I said "good to know" in post 53 in regards to dishrich's info.

So I am going by what the D* site said....but you kept going with the "you cant do a self install" theory. So dont know why the "which locals are where" issue is coming up ??

So I am going by what the D* site said....but you kept going with the "you cant do a self install" theory.
I never said that you can't self-install -- never.

I've often said that DIRECTV discourages self-installing and I still believe that to be the case. That's why they recommend a professional installation and note that professional installations are typically less problematic.

As a matter of interest, here's what you get when you search for "install slimline" today (the referenced links have the newer, slightly less forbidding, verbiage):

Attachments

• SrchPage.jpg
    SrchPage.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 102
The OP was able to do a self install of a slimline...plain and simple

I guess the result is he is up and running :)

IMHO, OP's questions have been answered and he's happy. Keeping this thread open serves no useful purpose and it's time to close it, nothing useful left to say.

I have an old 21 inch oval DTV Dish in the rafters of my garage I picked off my kids house a couple years ago. It states on the dish "Directv" "Multi Satellite Dish" and has a three LNB on it.

I was thinking of getting Directv this fall (if there is a football season) and was hoping to hook it up at the cottage and then just bring my receiver back and forth. Is it worth me hanging on to, and could I get hd channels or should I just put it at the curb.

Thats the old Phase III that got 101/110/119 SD only

you could use it at the cottage but again its SD only

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)