GEOSATpro What do I need to get C-Band on the microHD?

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Like the title asks: "What do I need to get C-Band on the microHD?"

Ramy

Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I have a dish that moves. Would I just need a C-band lnb or what?

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
Yes you would need a C-Band LNBF or a feedhorn and C-Band LNB setup. What kind of dish? brand, size, type, etc. Do you have a dish control unit? VBox, GBox, other such device? Is the dish motorized? Do you have pictures??? :)

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
Ahh, I see. That's a ku dish setup. No C-Band with that. :( You want a big prime focus dish. Preferably 8 - 10 feet. With the KU motor the dish control, logic and motor relays, are all-in-one. With a C-Band actuator, the motor and control system are separate.

Ramy

Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Ah, ok. The wife won't go for a huge dish in the yard. She doesn't like the 2 little ones I have now. :D

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
Small caveat: it is possible to use a Conical scalar kit with a C-band lnbf (but you would either need to have a separate dish or swap out the Ku-band lnbf for the C-band lnbf whenever you wanted C-band). At that point, you would be able to view some limited (the strongest) and unreliable C-band transponders

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
I get pretty good c band on my 6' from sadoun. when I get my new c band lnbf I will see if it improves. main tp I want is on 133, ewtn. I get it on my 8' fine but can't get it on the 6' yet. charlie

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Ah, ok. The wife won't go for a huge dish in the yard. She doesn't like the 2 little ones I have now. :D

I guess we now know who wears the "pants" in your family. ;)

IMHO life is just too damn short to have someone who supposedly loves me dictate to me what I can and can't do on my property. It's as much mine as it is hers! I've got two 10 footers mounted and a 6 footer laying on the ground and if another large dish comes along, I'll have that one also.

bigg t

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 3, 2012
foothills N.C.
I'm lucky in that my wife supports my hobby or should I say addiction. As a matter of fact she bought my first c-band dish for a birthday present allmost 30 years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts