What happen to CH 364 VLCTY

Once the media conglomerates stop requiring their slate of channels to be included in certain packs/tiers, then maybe we could have true a la carte. Don't hold your breath. IE. it isn't just Dish's fault that you can't just order the channels you want.

I have no problem with them taking the channel away, but, a notice that I was about to lose it before hand would've given me time to decide if I want to add Blockbuster to my pak. as I have said before, I don't want Blockbuster. A very simple solution would be for us, the consumer, to chose the channels that we want and the provider charge for that. Then you either pay or find another avenue. I have several channels that I dont want on my pak. Just give my what I would like to watch and I would gladly pay for that privilege.
I do believe that there was a popup on the screen when you tuned to those channels that your free year was about to expire. (it only stayed on screen for a few seconds then went away.)

Once the media conglomerates stop requiring their slate of channels to be included in certain packs/tiers, then maybe we could have true a la carte. Don't hold your breath. IE. it isn't just Dish's fault that you can't just order the channels you want.

I know, it's a right royal pain in the, you know where, I just don't like being bullied. I left Charter for the same reason. I have had dish for more than 10yrs. I didn't want Direct because of the Murdock connection. I will persevere though. You are way more helpful than Scott. His attitude is like he is amazed that we, the paying consumer, expect to get stuff for free. I pay my way, but I will get what I am paying for, otherwise I will go where I can be accommodated.
I like this site. I will subscribe right away.

I do believe that there was a popup on the screen when you tuned to those channels that your free year was about to expire. (it only stayed on screen for a few seconds then went away.)
Sorry Scott, but your attitude is not appreciated. If I knew that these channels were going away, I would not be here bitching. I am not like that. I don't like the way you assume that I knew of this before hand. Post a link to show me where these pop up windows are.

There is no link to the popup windows as they appeared on the channels themselves.

Again you got them FREE for a YEAR as a GIFT by DISH. Mighty nice of them to do that as they didn't have to. If you want them back then subscribe to Blockbuster @home, if not then don't or switch providers where it will cost you just as much to get them back.

I solved my dilemma the only way that was possible.

For those that have the Everything pak, the only way is to get the 250 pak, add BB and then add the movie channels that you prefer. I deleted starz and Cinemax, kept HBO and Showtime. it's just $1 and change more. I know I wont be watching BB, but I have the channels that I watch most back. Thanks to those on here that actually helped.

@ Scott. I don't like your attitude, but I will subscribe because we need sites like these. We do have to have a voice. Keep the good work up.

@ dare2be Thanks for your help.

For those that have the Everything pak, the only way is to get the 250 pak, add BB and then add the movie channels that you prefer. I deleted starz and Cinemax, kept HBO and Showtime. it's just $1 and change more. I know I wont be watching BB

You are beyond ridicules, I can only assume you don't understand anything about what you buy or subscribe to. "the only way is to get the 250 pak, add BB" "I know I wont be watching BB." All in the same post. :eek:

BTW Scott was being nothing but helpful. And having the Everything package - or any package - irrelevant unless it's the blockbuster package as that's where those channels are. All this because Dish gave you a $120 free package.

Geesh someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?Read through this entire thread and nothing that Scott posted seems condescending to me.I agree with Tampa8 he was trying to be helpful.We got both popup windows as well as an email reminding us that the free Hd platinum/bbmp was about to expire.

That doesn't count if he chooses not to read it.

On a serious note, if he was like me when I lost HBO and Cinemax, that message popped up when I turned on my receiver, and impatient me just pressed buttons, causing the message to disappear in seconds. Difference is that I knew that the channels were going away, because I pay attention to my service. I don't believe that the channel fairy was just giving them then taking them away.

I watched Velocity every night, and remember no such popup. One minor annoyance is that it disappeared without warning.

The bigger one has been this tendency on Dish's part to continually degrade the "Everything" pack. It's really false advertising now to continue to call it that. They should be marketing it as the "Mostly Pack" from now on. Velocity, nee Discovery HD Theater, has been part of the Everything Pack since it's inception, and it was removed. In the past when they added things like the Baby Channel and didn't include them in Everything, I didn't really care but did think it was odd. Now that they removed one of my favs, I'm left to wonder why I'm sending them all this money for "Everything", when it isn't.

I watched Velocity every night, and remember no such popup. One minor annoyance is that it disappeared without warning.

The bigger one has been this tendency on Dish's part to continually degrade the "Everything" pack. It's really false advertising now to continue to call it that. They should be marketing it as the "Mostly Pack" from now on. Velocity, nee Discovery HD Theater, has been part of the Everything Pack since it's inception, and it was removed. In the past when they added things like the Baby Channel and didn't include them in Everything, I didn't really care but did think it was odd. Now that they removed one of my favs, I'm left to wonder why I'm sending them all this money for "Everything", when it isn't.

I have to mostly agree with you there.The (everything pack) either needs to be renamed or add multisport,and bb@home.I always shied away from it simply because it didn't include multisport.

On you DHA agreement you signed it says:

***We reserve the right to change any and all prices, packages and programming at any time, including without limitation, during any term commitment to which you have agreed.***

so really complaining about a change wont produce anything really.

It's life, sorry.

I can't believe I am being hammered here. First, I work for myself, sometimes 12hrs a day, even on weekends. I record all of the shows that I watch, even the News. When I do get to watch them, I never watch anything except the actual program. My beef is that I did not know that these channels were going away. No warning from Dish whatsoever.

About Scott, well I don't care what others think about how I feel about his attitude, I came on here to find out why certain channels were missing from my pak. I feel I was being chastised for not knowing what was going on. Now I do and it was because I called Dish and found out why. They were some on here that were helpful, Scott included.

I can't believe I am being hammered here. First, I work for myself, sometimes 12hrs a day, even on weekends. I record all of the shows that I watch, even the News. When I do get to watch them, I never watch anything except the actual program. My beef is that I did not know that these channels were going away. No warning from Dish whatsoever.

About Scott, well I don't care what others think about how I feel about his attitude, I came on here to find out why certain channels were missing from my pak. I feel I was being chastised for not knowing what was going on. Now I do and it was because I called Dish and found out why. They were some on here that were helpful, Scott included.

Personally not trying to hammer you at all.It's very easy to misconstrue a persons attitude through online forums.I have been misinterpreted on forums myself.Just through years of online posting etc I really don't think Scott was trying to hammer you.Anyway glad you found satguys,now you know where to come first if you ever have any Dish issues.

You are beyond ridicules, I can only assume you don't understand anything about what you buy or subscribe to. "the only way is to get the 250 pak, add BB" "I know I wont be watching BB." All in the same post. :eek:

BTW Scott was being nothing but helpful. And having the Everything package - or any package - irrelevant unless it's the blockbuster package as that's where those channels are. All this because Dish gave you a $120 free package.

What's ridiculous about getting the pak that have the channels that I want. Do you watch every single channel in the pak that you buy? I don't, I watch the ones that interest me. I wont be watching BB, that's my choice. I know what I like to watch, you don't.

As for dish giving me a $120 pak for free, that's not correct. I already had the everything pak, they added these channels as a promotion to what I already had. And, where did you come up with that $120. Do you work for Dish?

As for dish giving me a $120 pak for free, that's not correct. I already had the everything pak, they added these channels as a promotion to what I already had. And, where did you come up with that $120. Do you work for Dish?

$10 times 12 months equals $120 :)

What's ridiculous about getting the pak that have the channels that I want. Do you watch every single channel in the pak that you buy? I don't, I watch the ones that interest me. I wont be watching BB, that's my choice. I know what I like to watch, you don't.

You just do not understand, and don't mean that harshly, I mean it literally. The channels you are complaining about are not part of a package you were paying for, period. It was a package given to to you free for a year, that cost $10 a month, one of the most popular packages.
If you won't be watching BB, why did you add it, as you said you did in your post above? I know the answer, because you do not understand what the blockbuster package is. That's fine, not everyone may understand what it is, but I see no attempt to try to see what we are explaining.

Yes, if Velocity is a channel you want, it should be available at 5710 free. But it's not advertised as being part of every package there, I hate to think if we tell him to watch there and it stops being available......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)