What is a good editor for the Glorystar DVR1100c

Lassar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Illinois
I have a Glorystar DVR1100c in advanced mode. I have tried using Channel Master on the channel list.

When I load the channels in Channel Master, they load in the wrong order.

I have tried this editor before. Got the channels in the order I wanted. Reload them into the receiver.

And behold they are in the wrong order. What gives !??

Is there some other editor that works better on the Glorystar DVR1100c ?

I want a editor that leaves my channel order in the same order as in the receiver.

Last edited:
Channel Master is probably the best editing program ever produced for FTA and use it daily and flawlessly with the GEOSATpro DSR200 / DVR1100 receivers.

Could you post or PM examples of both the original and edited files? Might be able to determine the error.

Lassar I experienced the same problem with Channel Master when loading the channel list back in to the DVR1100 they are all out of order. I even loaded the Glorystar list in Channel Master and did not modify it in any way--reloaded it in the DVR1100 and the channel list was out of order. Basically if there is a skip in the channel numbers it moves the channel so there are numbered sequentially with out any skips.

Without any files to inspect, I will make a suggestion of what I believe is causing the channels to be out of order after reloading from Channel Master.

On the left side of the channel list pane in the Channel Master window, there is a column "No.[Order]". When Channel Master imports the Satellite/Transponder/Channel file, the TV channel numbers are listed first then the Radio channels are listed below. You will note that Channel Master default first sorts the channels by transponder and then by TV/Radio. This creates a list with channel number gaps between the channels. If this file is exported back to the STB, the channels order will not be correct.

The channel list needs to be edited to display sequential channel numbers in the "No.[Order]" column. Start first with the TV channels (starting with zero) then to the radio. The file will export to the STB and display correctly.

Here is the channel data

Sorry about being so late getting back to you guys.

Here is the glorystar channel data.

Attachments

• glorystar_channels.zip
    20.1 KB · Views: 221
No wonder the list is out of order when exporting to the receiver. The channel order problem is as described in the previous post. Some channels have no number assignments and other have gaps. Seems that some channels are saved as TV when they actually are radio. Would appear that there will be some clean-up of the list if you wish the channels to display in a specific order.

On the left side of the channel list pane in the Channel Master window, there is a column "No.[Order]". When Channel Master imports the Satellite/Transponder/Channel file, the TV channel numbers are listed first then the Radio channels are listed below. You will note that Channel Master default first sorts the channels by transponder and then by TV/Radio. This creates a list with channel number gaps between the channels. If this file is exported back to the STB, the channels order will not be correct.

The channel list needs to be edited to display sequential channel numbers in the "No.[Order]" column. Start first with the TV channels (starting with zero) then to the radio. The file will export to the STB and display correctly.

Last edited:
I forgot how to import the Glorystar DVR1100c Satellite list in to Channel Master. I tried but can seem to get it in. I am using Version 1.20.3

Last edited:
Here are a few steps that were developed for Channel Master newbies a few years back.
  • Open OPTIONS tab
  • Open PLUGINS tab
  • Enable Conaxsat plug-in
  • Exit and open the IMPORT option under the FILE tab and select Conaxsat
  • Use the Mini/Duo/Trio option for GEOSATpro DSR200c and DVR1100c models
There was a bug reported several years ago with Conaxsat receiver type missing in the list under the FILE/IMPORT tab after the plug-in was enabled. To correct, uninstall the Channel Master and reinstall it and enable Conaxsat plug-in.

I use V1.20.3 and it definitely has the Conaxsat plug-in. Either the CM installer that you downloaded is an incomplete version or it did not install correctly.

Brian.
I am still having problems with the Channel order number-- I have enclosed a picture and the file, maybe you can see what I am doing wrong? In the Picture you can see what I am aiming for.

Attachments

• Channel.jpg
    Channel.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 146
  • channels.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 157
No.(order) needs to be 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Leave the SID as scanned. If you wish to display a different number in the front panel or on the channel banner, edit the channel information and place the channel number that you wish to display in the Teletext field (I.E. 901, etc.)

That helped a lot Brian. The channels are in order now but the channel number in the Teletext field is ignored by the STB for some reason and channel numbering starts at 100 and continues sequentially? Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Attachments

• channels2.jpg
    channels2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 146
  • channels2.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 141
Just an update--
When I load the channel list on the STB it loses the Teletext field input for some reason? Any ideas? This is driving me nuts:)

I will need to confirm. The Teletext field channel assignment may only apply to the STB when in the Glorystar mode and may not be an option in the Advanced mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts