what is orby satellite?

Mazboy

Apr 11, 2015
north america
I just came across this Orby Satellite....who is it exactly? Is it a Dish/Direct/Shaw satellite system that is just contracting with one of those systems?

The reason I am asking is I have Winegard Travler 1000 on my RV and I would just change it to whatever satellite system Orby uses.

Titanium

AI6US
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Orby is an independent subscription service carried on 116.8w KU band. No affiliation with other subscription services. This satellite transmits a linear polarity signal and is not compatible with the Winegard Travler 1000 which uses circular polarity.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I just came across this Orby Satellite....who is it exactly? Is it a Dish/Direct/Shaw satellite system that is just contracting with one of those systems?

The reason I am asking is I have Winegard Travler 1000 on my RV and I would just change it to whatever satellite system Orby uses.
You never mentioned that your Winegard Traveler was doing Shaw. That is a linear polarized service like Orby. If the Winegard can be programmed to point at Orby it should work just fine.

Reactions: EmCommSat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts