What is the best way to test your system?

ZENCURL

Original poster
Mar 17, 2006
Chicago
I subscrib to Bell Expressvu through a broker and recently lost my signal. When we moved into our house (Chicago) there was a DirecTV dish already installed; so I hooked up a ExpressVu 3100 receiver and repointed the RCA 18" dish to N91and enjoyed curling to two years. Now I can not get locked? I replace the RCA 18" with a 24" dish and a single LNB thinking that I need to increase the signal to lock; Found N91 and got 100%. After about a day or two of having good reception; the signal is gone completely. I figured I did not lock down the disk tight enough (high wind couple nights ago). Going through repointing process; I now can not find any signal at all; not even a wrong SAT message. I tried repacing the LNB; still no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a suggested procedure to test all the componets within the system?

How do I know the 3100 box is ok?

Getting flustrated because Brier Finals is today. This all seemed so simple two years ago?

Zencurl

Last edited:
If you has the multimeter, you can check and see if the receiver sending the 13/18 volts out to the LNBF, if there nothing, the receiver is bad.

It kind of sounds like a receiver problem - maybe the tuner on the receiver is going. If you have a Dish Network receiver or know someone that does you can hook it up to see if you can get a signal on the satellite aiming screen.

yes they still do show both EVu & Dish satellites.

you should be able to get ExpressVu in Chicago with no issues. Make sure the elevation is right. Do you get nothing (no signal)?

Can a *C 75E dish be used to receive E* 121?

Integra FTA receiver IT912S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts