what is the elevation for Pansat PM900 DiSEqC MOTOR and 36 inch Azure Shine dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcy_li

Original poster
May 29, 2011
syracuse, NY
Hello, I am new to FTA, I just bought S9 receiver, Pansat PM900 DiSEqC MOTOR and 36 inch Azure Shine dish AZ900X-2008-02. Please help me to setup my dish, I have two tech questions:

what is degree for elevation for the antenna dish? I lived Address: 13066, Latitude: 43.0284°, Longitude: -75.9986° So I set up Pansat PM900 DiSEqC MOTORelevation at 43, but what is elevation for the dish?:(

Any help for better instruction for 36 inch dish
AZ900X-2008-02? I ordered dish, but the assembly instruction is a small piece of paper, the setup for elvation range A (20-57 degree) and B (50-90 degree) is not clear, the holes' number and location of LNB arm is different from the instruction paper, so I even not sure which hole should used to attach the mount?:confused:

Thank you very much for all helps!

Mc

The Pansat motor will have a chart in the back of manual to provide the Elevation Angle setting for the dish. A quick search of the Internet for the Pansat PM900 install guide indicating that they suggest the dish angle to be set at about 24 degrees for your area. The dish would be assembled using Elevation range '"A" with the elevation pointer set to approximately 24 degrees. Unfortunately, this is not a very good dish design from Azure Shine with light weight reflector and poorly constructed elevation/mast mount design.

Hopefully the reseller who sold you this system is providing technical support! Anyone selling this combination of equipment has set themselves up for providing a ton of telephone support! It is going to be a tough combination to install with the u-bolt mast clamp and the poorly written motor guide. Luckily, you can reference some instructions on this website that were written for installing other equipment, but will be very useful for reference on your project.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/190527-how-set-up-motorized-ku-band.html

Satellite AV,
Thank you very muchfor your helpful and useful reply! I did find PM900 manual and I did set A with the elevation pointer set to 24 degrees. Unfortunately, I did not get any good signal. When I looked at dish again, it was obviously pointing too low, almost horizontal. That is the reason I suspected I might have misunderstood of the dish manual or small crappy manual is not clear enough! I bough this system together from gosatellite.com/, :mad:so called "North America's largest free satellite TV store retailing FTA receivers" and hope I could get good tech support. I could not get any useful helps when I had tried to call them in Canada or emailed them so far for more than 2 weeks. That is reason I have to look for help from satelliteguys, experts like you!:) I will review all the instruction you sent to me first and I will let u know the results! thanks a lot!
Mc

Don't worry, you aren't the first person to have received less than acceptable customer service from that company. The company is there for the sale, but seem to always disappear when it comes time to provide assistance. BTW.... They are not even close to being the largest satellite TV store, but I guess that on the web everyone is a mega store! ;)

Since your Latitude is 43 degrees, make sure that you have set the motor Latitude Angle Scale to 43 degrees and not accidently set the motor Elevation Scale to 43 degrees. This is a common mistake to confuse these to scales on motors.

The Southern most satellite for your region is at 40 degrees elevation directly south. With the motor aimed at the zero position, the dish should appear to be tilted back from vertical by only 14 degrees. This is because your dish is an offset design and it is actually looking at a point in space that is 26 degrees higher than the dish face is pointed at..... It is also important for the dish to be aligned correctly on the motor tube and not be aimed to the left or the right of the correct alignment. Make sure that the dish is facing exactly in line with the motor when the motor is in the default zero (0) position.

Once you set the dish elevation, use USALS motor control in the receiver menu setting and enter your longitude and latitude. Select a satellite that is south of your longitude position (I.E. AMC2 at 79W) and the receiver will automatically calculate and drive the motor to that position. Depending on what LNBF the reseller provided, you will also need to set the LNBF type in receiver menu to match if standard (LO frequency 10750 or Universal LO 9750/10600). Look at "The List" tab at the top of this forum and choose an active transponder from the list and set your receiver to this frequency. Verify that the receiver has the correct polarity (Horizontal or Vertical) set and the correct symbol rate entered for the transponder frequency.

If the receiver and a small TV is beside the dish, slowly rotate the motor on the mast 10 - 15 degrees of either side of magnetically corrected south. If no Signal Quality reading is detected, increase or decrease the dish elevation angle in one degree increments and repeat the slow rotation of the motor on the mast. You may find the satellite Signal Quality reading above or below the suggested dish elevation angle.

The linked motor installation guides should assist with more detail.

Good Luck! We are here to assist!

Last edited:
Don't worry, you aren't the first person to have received less than acceptable customer service from that company. The company is there for the sale, but seem to always disappear when it comes time to provide assistance.
aint that the truth! I've seen e-mails from folks who needed help and the company just referred them here

Yep...I bought the same system from the same company about 6 weeks ago and got absolutely NO help from them. But thanks to some of the guys in here, I have it up and running really good. It was difficult to set up because of the lack of support and lousy instructions that came with it. But now I'm really satisfied with it. So hang in there mcy_li .... it can be done. I was a complete newbie to FTA as well. BTW....a compass will help you find the Southern most satellite's general location if your having difficulty with that as well.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/member.php?u=167544

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts