What is your favorite iPhone app?

My favorite iPhone app is Kinder Hangman that is specially designed to improve vocabulary of kids and help them remember new words. It is educational kids iPhone apps that is intended for children between 5-9 years old. This iPhone app works to improve child's development and can be used to prepare kids for school.

MLB.com at bat 2010 was just removed from the Apple store a few minutes ago. Look for At Bat 2011 to be available tomorrow.

This will be my #1 app this year now that I have MLB.TV

SiriusXM, now that they have changed the UI. The new interface is awesome. Unfortunately the UI through their website sucks.

Peel. It's a TV listing program that takes a different approach than the usual channel listings. I use it more than iTV or TV Guide now.

Awesome Note. Uses Google Docs, so I can keep things both on the iPhone and access them from a computer when needed.

SnapTap (Cydia). Allows you to use your volume control buttons to control your camera instead of having to tap the screen

Switched from MyWi to PdaNet. Simpler to use and it supposedly blocks ATT from being able to determine if you are tethering.

I did not realize you can transfer purchases from two different iTunes account on the same computer.

Cool. Is there a link to a guide?

Switched from MyWi to PdaNet. Simpler to use and it supposedly blocks ATT from being able to determine if you are tethering.

They can't tell when you tether. They key on high data usage. It's coded the same as any other data usage. I'm sure PdaNet usage will show up the same. I got the "text" the other day from the AT&T Data Cops.

They can't tell when you tether. They key on high data usage. It's coded the same as any other data usage. I'm sure PdaNet usage will show up the same. I got the "text" the other day from the AT&T Data Cops.
Here is what I read about hiding tethering: iClarified - Apple News - PdaNet Gets Updated to Hide iPhone Tethering From Carriers

As Alex already pointed out, AT&T isn’t using bandwidth as a means of gauging whether you’re tethering or not; their detection methods aren’t that elementary.
Instead, it seems as if AT&T is identifying the type of packets that are hitting their network, and if they detect them as coming from anything but an iPhone, red flags are raised, and text messages warning the perpetrator are automatically dispatched.
Immediately I wondered whether or not MyWi could implement some sort of packet masking feature, but it seems as if I was late to the party. PdaNet is already there, and they hit the dance floor hours ago.

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2...mpaign=Feed:+iphonedlb+(iPhone+Download+Blog)
PdaNet is supposed to hide the type of packets

Last edited:
Cool. Is there a link to a guide?
No link. I just did it. My wife always had a different account and used her own laptop to sync her phone. When her laptop died I synced it with my computer using her account in iTunes. Both her purchases and mine are now saved in iTunes under two different accounts. When I went to sync both phones again the APPs from both account were transferred to both phones. She even got my $15 MLB APP and my $50 Tom Tom APP added to her phone and some of here paid APPs were added to my phone

FakeLocation (Cydia App). You can set your current location to anywhere you want. I use this for my MLBatBat APP to avoid blackouts (this alone makes JB worth it). I am able to watch my local teams on my iPad and iPhone through my MLB APP and watch the FOX Saturday games as well.

I set mine to some area in Mexico so the National games are not blacked out. I am able to watch the ESPN and FOX games

Can anyone recommend a good Wikipedia app for the iPhone? I had one on my Android that I really liked that whenever it was loading a page it would show a dog running around in circles. It was constructed really nice.

I have found the coolest workout app for the iPhone; called RunKeeper. Totally free. It uses the phone's GPS, and even works if the phone is in a fanny pack. Tell it to start an activity, and it starts mapping your route, tracks pace, speed, distance. You can listen to music through it - or through another app. Every five minutes it breaks in and says your total distance, how much time you've been out, and pace. It can be tweaked. When you are done, it uploads to their website, can share to Facebook (but seriously, I am not sharing a 11min pace!), you can see the map of your route, elevation change, the whole shebang. Better than any gps I have used. You can set it for audible info at different time periods, and can also use a coaching module and I think with the paid version, download specific workouts. It works on a bunch of other types of exercises as well. This app is a serious winner. I'd think there must be similar ones for Android, but RunKeeper itself is iOS only. It made it to the cherished first screen on my iPhone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts