what size ehd should I get

And keep in mind, if you only have one EHD and something happens to it, you lose everything. And I believe the larger units with so many more titles on them are slower to load, etc.

Yes they will work on the hopper. Except for recordings from channels you no longer subscribe too. This may or may not be a bug that is being worked on (depending on who you ask).

From what I read here, you'd be ahead to watch those from the EHD and not transfer them to the Hopper. Some have problems.

The goflex is 10 less than the other ehd I mentioned before. Walmart site says it has a power supply. Also I belive I've read mixed results about ehd from a 722k. Playing on a Hopper even if you no longer subscribe to the channel. Guess it works for some and not for others.

Here is the link to the goflex drive for 89

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix....0-Desktop-External-Hard-Drive-Black/19416579

And this is the wd drive

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix#ip/Hard-Drive-Enclosures/15222296

Last edited:
I've had my 1.5TB WD Element for 3 years now without a problem at all. If you want to keep concerts, movies, and entire seasons of a TV show you'll run through 1TB pretty fast. If I had to do it over I would go with a 2.0TB. I've seen them for around $100 on sale. I'd be lost without my EHD.

I prefer the WD black series, it's what I use in my RAID EHD. I also have a WD Mybook AV DVR Expander. Not cheap, but good for peace of mind.

Yeah, that Goflex should have a power supply. I have .5TB goflex that is the size of a pocket calculator that doesn't have a power supply. That being said, WDs seem to work. I've got a 2TB WD that worked great doing exactly what you're contemplating doing.

I eschew the WD Caviar Black because it's always on and quite a heater. Same for Caviar Blue. On the plus side, I've had two WD Caviar Greens on my 722 and 612s for years and they work like a champ. They aggressively spin down for the 99% of the time the receiver doesn't need them. But when it does, they spin up again and all is well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts