What software do you use to set the Track in the MP3 Tag?

*mad_professor*

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 9, 2004
Covina, CA
I record Howard Stern with my TT setup. Although TT can create a track number in the file name of the MP3, it doesn't in the MP3 Tag. As a result, when loading the files into my IPOD, they get loaded alphabetically.

For those of you who do the similar thing, what software are you using to set the MP3 tag? I also want to change the Artist and Album info in the Tag so I can keep some order in my IPOD.

Thanks.

*mad_professor* said:
I record Howard Stern with my TT setup. Although TT can create a track number in the file name of the MP3, it doesn't in the MP3 Tag. As a result, when loading the files into my IPOD, they get loaded alphabetically.

For those of you who do the similar thing, what software are you using to set the MP3 tag? I also want to change the Artist and Album info in the Tag so I can keep some order in my IPOD.

Thanks.

I have been using JJ MP3 tag editor --- others have mentioned using Tag&Rename Pro or ID3TagIt. (please google to locate those respective websites)

I have mentioned my work flow before, but, my recordings are created with the counter in the front - so that I organize the files that way first, rename the files to the way I want them to be renamed, and then, in the JJ MP3 renamer - I use an option that TAGS the file (both V1 and V2) by the file name and then import into iTunes.

Hope that helps. The JJ Renamer is free - not sure about the others I mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts