What TV Commercials Drive You Crazy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How about the valtrex ones where the lady seems so proud that she has genital herpes and makes it seem like everybody should go out and get some.

The ones I hate are "whatever is currently paying Dish Network for a local insertion spot, meaning that the volume will be at 1000% of normal levels."

Volume Leveling software. What a farce, when the only thing that literally SCREAMS for it is their own doing and they could fix without software.

edit: whoops, this is the FTA forum, you guys don't know what you're missing :D

Last edited:
not too bad

Cal Worthington is local to me, and over the decades I've gotten a lot of laughs out of his spots!
(I can't believe he's still alive)

I generally hit the Mute button, if it's live.
Much is on my DVD player, so that's no problem.
And the rest is pre-recorded on a PVR, so I just skip ahead.

However . . .

#2 on my list is any feminine hygiene commercial.
They're even worse than jock-itch or the athletes foot commercials! - :rant:

#1 would be a local mattress guy who screams at the end of his spot:
"We'll beat any price or your mattress is FREEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee!" - :eek: - :rant:
(think about it: there'll be no free mattresses.!. )

I think any spot featuring [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZt9qVHtjCQ&feature=related"]Matthew Lesko[/ame] or even [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYTjiIm4h_Q&feature=related"]this guy[/ame] would he high up on my annoyance list ;) ...

I'm with the others that don't like the animal cruelity adds. The two in particular are the dog with a missing leg and cat with a missing eye sponsored by a lady singer. The other is the one with the seal about to be hit over the head. The others people have brought up are bad, but to me these two are the worst.
The other ones that are close, and may or may not be called an add, is when a TV show plays a clip of what is to come up before a commercial, and then a clip of what you have seen just after the commercial. It seems like there is more air play for the adds than the show itself.

The Lollypop commercials from Dell are starting to piss me off because they are on every 5 minutes.

The other one that pisses me off is JG Wentworth which is a company that buys insurance or legal settlements. They have people on there saying "Its my money and I want it now" which is something you would hear from typical street trash that won a lawsuit in a bogus slip and fall.

Booty Pop-Imagine aliens landing in the ashes of mankind in 1000 years and one of these things is all they find

All those damn sue lawyers advertisements!!! :mad: Insulting and annoying.:rant:
PLUS anything to do with fitness. If I buy one of those Shake weight doodads I would lose some of my front teeth on the first try. Then I would have to give up the teeth whitening stuff... :D
What amaze me is that most of the doodads gadgets can be bought at Walmart and Walgreen.
What get me is the "Free" stuff you would get with the product you buy, but pay for extra shipping and handling.
I recently bought a book on one of those commercials and I would get free extra books just by paying extra shipping. What I thought would be like a $35 order turned out to be $53!!! :eek:
The shipping prices I paid on Ebay stuff is FAR CHEAPER than the shipping for those "Free" stuff. The folks selling those products with the "Free" stuff is making money from the leftovers of the shipping money.
I won't fall for that crap again!
Oh, I am sorry. I didn't mean to get rowdy on this...

Hell, we got a local commercial that show the effects of VD. Sores on mouth, feet, and other areas of body... These are actual photos of folks who has all these VD stuff and it doesn't help when they show it during supper... :(

I don't like the lawyer commercials with a really dumb sounding person saying -
I was in a car accident and I didn't know what to do.
(blank look on face, long pause)
I called 1800-xxx-xxxx and they took care of everything.

Most people would exchange insurance information, call the police, contact your car insurance agent afterwards, but apparently these idiots were clueless.

The freecreditreport.com commercials singing guy(s) are pretty bad.

Some guy is a victim of identity threat or has a really bad credit rating or both or whatever so he has a crappy job dressed as a pirate at a restaurant because of it, has to drive a crappy car, can only get a 10 year old cellphone from his local cellphone company. What a bunch of bullsh*t !

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)