What TV Commercials Drive You Crazy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
now the ones I hate

-Geico....either one

ok there is ONE of the geico ones I like. The new one with the soccer announcer Andres Cantor making anything sound exciting..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXsfAeqimY]YouTube - Andres Cantor[/ame]

Thanks DeeAnn, I thought I was the only one to find that Yahoo commercial too irritating for airplay! It is the absolute worst thing I've seen in several years.
On the other hand, on the network channels lately I have seen a couple that are really funny and creative, those being the Travelers commercials, the snake with the baby rattle on his tail, and the guy with the car and the cat that goes airborne when he crashes.

The Shaq and Ben Stein Comcast commercials are pretty funny.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM8rq0b__tE&feature=related"]YouTube- New Comcast Shaq and Ben Stein Commercial[/ame]
watch

Also I can't stand those new Esurance commercials. They drive me up the f-ing wall whenever they come on.
object%3E

Last edited:
"The touch, the feel, of cotton: the fabric of our liiiiiiiiiiives" drives me up the !@$%!@#$ wall. It's just awful. My wife thinks it's funny because I dive for the remote when it comes on.

Should be "My clothes, my song, my voice: it's tragic, but it's my liiiiiiiiiiiife".

fat lady sings:

-
The new Honda commercials with the opera theme.
Big lady in opera costume, background is live, but the male singer is animated!
As if it wasn't bad enough, they have to have a cartoon character? - :eek:
-

Any commercial where the same line is repeated over and over throughout the commercial (example, a phone number, address, or brand name) drives me up a wall. I heard such a commercial on the radio while driving yesterday.

1. snuggle fabric softener...i wanna kill that bear
2. any commercial with a kid with a speech impediment
3. " " where parents take food off their kids plate
4. dumb dad commercials

if you want to throw in radio (tv also) ads, any that try to depict how good food tastes by lip smacking and ecstasy noises. those tick me off to no end.

I found this Head on commercial really irritating, fortunately I haven´t come across it in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one with the pig squealing "weeeee" in the back seat of the SUV...
I sat in shock, mouth agape...
I cannot believe anyone actually MADE that commercial! - :eek:

... and does anyone under 25 even -get- it ???
edit:
oh, wait... do people still do that to little kids???
not sure which is the bigger crime! - :D

Absolutely favorite commercial: The one with the talking toddlers advertising for a financial planning company. Favorite line: "I saved a pant load on that one". Worst commerial: The animal rights geeks showing disgusting images of abused animals. A shame that anyone would do those things, bigger shame that someone would stoop to taking isolated cases of animal abuse, making it look like it goes on all the time. And for what? So that the people in that organization can get paid big salaries to promote a political agenda. Actually, I'm a member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals.
ss

The one with the pig squealing "weeeee" in the back seat of the SUV...

yeah the Geico ones have gone downhill after the Randy Johnson "snowball fight" and the Andres Cantore "gooooooooooooooooooooool" ones

now the new one is "Do woodchucks chuck wood?" and wood chucks are throwing (errr chucking) wood into the water

The ambulance chaser commercials (lawsuits) really make me angry. I can't hit the mute button fast enough.

Oh, and the scammers preying on old people by peddling bogus health insurance. :mad:
Especially the one where they repeat the phone number about 50 times during the one commercial. :mad:

The little piggy in the backseat of the SUV going Wheeeeee? I kind of think that one's cute. :)

I liked the heartless therapist one too but they dropped that one it seems. :p

The old "head on" commercial? That one made me want to jump off a bridge. :mad:

Ok, too many frowny faces there. So here's a little balance restoration.. :):):):):):):):)

AGREE!!! He's the real deal. Gotta see him in Full Metal Jacket to really get him though.

That's a pretty harsh movie. They lost me at the suicide scene, that was the end of that movie for me.

BTW, are they really that abusive towards one another in the army? Sheesh....

What really shocked me was that my daughter loved that movie and she was only like 6 or 7yro at the time. I have no idea where she got that from! :confused: Couldn't have been her dad. :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts