whatcha think of this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
i was thinking of taking my ku lnb and mount it directly at the 12:00 oclock position or 6:eek:clock position on my c band scaler ring to see if i can get my ku channels right along with my c band channels on the same satellite without doing the 6 degrees if it was mounted at the 9:00 and 3:00 position..what do you think?:rolleyes:

doubt it would work as you wouldnt be on the focal spot. Its easier to have it on the side

also...could you help us out and actually put a better subject line in your threads. Makes it easier for folks to see. Thanks!

If you put it at 12 or 6, it would mean you are trying to see a satellite above or below the arc (where they do not exist). If the ku lnb is at the 3 or 9 position, you are still looking directly at the arc. It also allows you to tweek the dish to the left or right trying to find the sweet spot. 12 or 6 could work if you had a automatic vertical adjustment tool on your dish (yet to be invented).

They do make 2 and even 3 axis controllers. They are typically priced beyond hobbyists prices though. Some hobbyists have found ways to do just this. More of a commercial broadcaster thing.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

if you mount it above or below, then the lnb will be aiming above or below the arc, picking up nothing....so no, it will not work

I was thinking of doing something like that. Sort of an experiment. I'm glad someone was thinking of that Idea and posted it.

Can someone explain the 6 degree measurement if a c band and KU band Lnb is placed besides each other. Does that means both lnbs are not positioned on the same satellite if I move it on a motor.

Can someone explain the 6 degree measurement if a c band and KU band Lnb is placed besides each other. Does that means both lnbs are not positioned on the same satellite if I move it on a motor.

the lnbs will be aiming approximately 6 degrees apart in the sky....so no, they can not both be aimed at the same satellite without moving the dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts