Whatever happened to TechTV and Leo LaPorte and Patrick Norton

Leo has his own podcast network called twit.tv. He launched in in the Sprint of 2005 with his first show being his flagship show, This Week In Tech. It’s a round table discussions of the weeks top tech stories, John Dvorka is there sometimes along with other former ZDTV personalities. The Tech Guy is also a pretty popular one. It's a live call in show similar to Call For Help, it's a syndicated weekend show and broadcast live all around the country and on XM, its recorded and put up a few days later on the website. Sarah Lane, Beck Worley and Martin Sargent are also in some podcasts on Leo's network. Patrick Norton makes cameos on Leo's podcasts every once in a while, but he used to have his own called Digital Life.TV. He and Jim Louderback also used to do a podcast called What's New Now which was real similar to ZDTVs Fresh Gear. Both Jim and Patrick do shows for Revision3 now.

I’ve been listening to his various podcasts on and off since Fall of 2005. This Week In Tech, The Tech Guy, Net@Nite, Security Now and Daily GizWiz are among my personal favorites. I haven’t checked out some of the newer ones though. And there are some video podcasts too! If you have a smartphone, you can stream all the TWIT shows via the app, I know there’s a twit.tv app in the Apple App Store and Android Market, not sure about Blackberry or WebOS.

I remember watching them on ZDTV / TechTV / G4TechTV. I watch their stuff online once in a while but it just ain't the same as it used to be seeing how this technology is not so new anymore and the personalities do not get together like they used to on tv. They were very funny on there.

I also have been following TWIT and that gang. Used to have the shows MP3's auto downloaded to my PDA through an RSS aggregater. With my ipad, I download the podcasts in HDTV. Most of TWIT shows, hosted by Leo are pretty good but the show has become a collection of journalists lately who spend the 90 minutes talking about who is getting what story first as opposed to good info on the story itself. The good thing is you can just skip through those parts with podcasts.

I think they have stuck together even better since those Tech TV days and often show up on TWIT as guests. Last year at CES, Leo had his show staged at the West end of the south Hall and interviewed people and celebs throughout the day.

John C Dvorak has had a show too called Cranky Geeks, but the show was canceled a few weeks ago by his employer, Ziff Davis, I believe.

Last edited:
FWIW Norton hasa regular show on TWITs This week In Computer hardware. add that to Techzilla and HD Nation and you should be able to get your weekly fix of the guy.

He was also on The Lab with Leo on G4TechTV. No one mentioned that, but I have found some eps. on YouTube. He also had Cali Lewis on a few shows, what ever happened to her?

Leo and Cali Lewis had quitea public falling out sometime back and I have not seen her on any Twit shows since. As someone else noted she moved her thrice weekly video podcast to Revision 3. She isa bit too perky for my tastes but many enjoy her shows.

Careful! Leo on his own show has said there were some fakes; impersonators. Not sure what his current status is with Twitter but hasn't been to complimentary of the service in recent history. Same goes for Facebook.

He hasa lot of ptoblems with Facebook but he ia a Twitter fanatic.

I remember him talking about Facebook on his TWIT show about a month or two ago and how he did not like having a public profile due to privacy issues. I think he said that he cancelled his account.

I've been catching up on TWiT since I got my AppleTV. And Cali was on TWiT 272 "Spill the Wine" doing exactly that on her MacBook :eek:.

Back when it was ZDTV, "The Screen Savers" and "Call for Help" were two of my favorite shows. My local cable company never did pick it up, further vindicating my choice of satellite TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts