Whats Next for Dish?

I hear that one day in the distant future some of us may actually have receivers that decode ESPN2HD, UniversalHD, and the new VOOM channels.:rolleyes:

Seriously, it is rumored that StarzHD will appear as soon as the contact is finalized (end of this month?).

I remember hearing something about the Food Network HD and Home & Garden HD joining the Dish lineup this year, but can't remember if it was just rumors or something real.

Keeping my fingers crossed for National Geographic HD too!!

jakek82 said:
I remember hearing something about the Food Network HD and Home & Garden HD joining the Dish lineup this year, but can't remember if it was just rumors or something real.

Keeping my fingers crossed for National Geographic HD too!!

Charlie said in the latest Charlie Chat that they would be adding Food Network and HGTV in HD about the second quarter. I guess we will have to wait and see if he was telling the truth.

On May 1st Charlie will announce the new 652ReallyVIP receiver, complete with MPG6 encoding. All HD channels will be immediately switch to MPG6, but those with boat anchor 921s / 942s / 622s will get a credit of $10 towards the purchase of the new receiver. And the phone lines will be absolutely jammed with willing customers, just as they are now. :(

Lucky said:
Charlie said in the latest Charlie Chat that they would be adding Food Network and HGTV in HD about the second quarter. I guess we will have to wait and see if he was telling the truth.

Oh my i hate to say this and sound anti Kool aid but he also said the rest of the Voom by 2006.

I heard a new Charlie Chat Channel in HD. Some might think of it as a comedy channel while others might think of it as a drama channel featuring lies and deceptions. And JRB, I believe the next HD receiver will be named ViP Infinity which name indicates the year it will be released.

In all seriousness, Luke was correct about their plans for HD content. I believe their major focus for the rest of this year in the HD area will be HD Locals in more markets.

emu1 said:
I heard a new Charlie Chat Channel in HD. Some might think of it as a comedy channel while others might think of it as a drama channel featuring lies and deceptions.

And it will be broadcast in majestic 640x480 resolution utilizing a rainbow of 16 colors.

riffjim4069 said:
I hear that one day in the distant future some of us may actually have receivers that decode ESPN2HD, UniversalHD, and the new VOOM channels.:rolleyes:

WOW...What a SHOCKING concept that'd be. !sadroll

At this point, I would have to say I am more interested in content rather than numbers! :)
I don't need more HD channels, I would rather see more & better things shown on what we have already.
Hopefully when more companies pick up Voom, there will be more money to invest in their stuff, because there is a limit to how many times you will watch the same programs over and over again.

Nobody mentioned MTVHD (MHD)? They are already operational, and I'm not quite sure what their programing lineup is, but just imagine Johnny Knoxville and Steve-o giving each other bottle rocket suppositories in High Def.

Bluebull32 said:
Nobody mentioned MTVHD (MHD)? They are already operational, and I'm not quite sure what their programing lineup is, but just imagine Johnny Knoxville and Steve-o giving each other bottle rocket suppositories in High Def.

I agree. I myself find this curious why Dish hasn't when there's already an extra they can add to the lineup.

I am wondering when Dish has plans for their version of a Home Media Center? Scott showed us something about a DP777 or something a while back, but I have not heard anything since.

not sure, but according to the D* forums on here, D* is more then likely going to abandon there HMC after a whole lot of work put in on it.

You got it Jake, the 942 is an awesome piece of equipment, stable and easy to setup like no other. Why give up the bird in the hand for the one on the fence?

I experienced the horrors or the 811, literally, read posts on my nightmare, and after, and reading about the ordeals with the 921, and now the 211 POS, i came to the understanding that i will not be a beta tester for Dish's half baked creations.

5 years later i have the same question. I am going to purchase another hdtv this time a 3d one. does dish plan on adding any non ppv 3d channels? Also i am a basketball fan and i was very disappointed with dish networks NBA league pass with only showing 1 game a night in HD compared to Directv 6 or more games a night. i know dish had a dispute with fox sports but will next years nba league pass offer more hd games for league pass?

This probably could have had its own thread. In any case, the lack of NBA Pass games in HD wasn't because of the Fox dispute, but rather Dish doesn't give the tickets much priority for HD signals, therefore, if you have an HD screen and want HD Tickets for sports, go to Directv.

Personally, I don't see why anyone would get a 3d television. It is way too early to adopt that technology.

I'm not a fan of 3D yet either but the prices on the TVs have come down big time and the glasses are real cheap. They're putting 3d into more and more models now and LG has glasses for about $20-$25.

Agreeing with you. As I've said before, I have a friend that has some serious eye problems and can't see 3D, because his eyes aren't aligned with the glasses. Poor guy paid extra to go to IMAX 3D to watch a Harry Potter movie knowing that he wouldn't even get the experience, just for his wife and kids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)