What's the most popular Sats for news feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GI_Joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
Atlanta
I am considering setting up three or four dedicated K/u dishes strictly for news feeds and back-haul surfing. Currently what are the most popular sats for catching these feeds? I have seen lots on 91W, 89W, 79W and 77W in the past but I have not check in quite some time. Are there others that are used more often today?

Thanks,

Okay so now I see a post about G-17 and it seems to answer my question. Thanks.

More inputs welcome though..

There is nothing on 74 west anymore Horizon 2 is gone as for 77 west no feeds dish network for Mexico is scrambled.
I stick to 72 west for nbc feeds with also 4 mux 24 hrs a day and sometimes the Weather channel.
91 west is ok for abc feeds.
Good luck....Bob....VE2 FCZ....

Yep, you can even start guessing what might appear where with a bit of luck. When I saw on Facebook that my local NBC station mentioned someone in my county fell down an old well and crews were "on their way," I had a hunch, and blind scanned 99W. There it was, live feed from a helicopter. If you haven't done so already, you should request to join the private forum for feeds: http://www.satelliteguys.us/forums/31-FTA-MPEG2-Whats-up-there

Yep, you can even start guessing what might appear where with a bit of luck. When I saw on Facebook that my local NBC station mentioned someone in my county fell down an old well and crews were "on their way," I had a hunch, and blind scanned 99W. There it was, live feed from a helicopter. If you haven't done so already, you should request to join the private forum for feeds: http://www.satelliteguys.us/forums/31-FTA-MPEG2-Whats-up-there

Probably need to be a Pub member! Requested this 6 weeks ago and never heard an answer back one way or the other.

Catamount

Probably need to be a Pub member! Requested this 6 weeks ago and never heard an answer back one way or the other.

Catamount

Those request for access commonly go unnoticed. Keep requesting, and sending Scott and Iceberg daily PMs until you are granted access. I went a looong time until they got around to it.

AFAIK, don't have to be a PUB Member, at least I wasn't when granted access to WUT.
Dunno, but maybe the request 'request' got "broken" in the last round of forum upgrades?? :-O
FWIW: I gained access in just a few days.
to answer the original "Q" I have to agree with madmadworld
72.91.99.103 would be best with 4 ku dishes imo​

I would say 99W without a doubt. Primary spot for 2 major news organizations with overflow capacity usage for 1-2 others that I have spotted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)