What's this guy really selling?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Except for using Moteck brand name once, it seems in order.
Very positive feedback.
As for the Fortec name, I think they just act as the importer.
In another thread, someone mentioned clone or counterfeit.
I would like to see that backed up with facts before getting too excited.
?.
Check with someone in Canada for the finalfinal word. :)

The cost of the item is same as a reputable dealer I know in same city of Toronto. The ad / seller looks respectable. But why would you do a cross-border transaction, and pay for shipping all the way from Toronto to Montana, and risk warranty issues when you can probably get the same or lower price in the U.S. and lower shipping costs?

I'm familiar with this vendor. He about 10 minutes from my home. I have purchased a number of items from him. Never any problems.
But I agree with Cyberham, you can probably get it less in USA.

Except for using Moteck brand name once, it seems in order.
Very positive feedback.
As for the Fortec name, I think they just act as the importer.
In another thread, someone mentioned clone or counterfeit.
I would like to see that backed up with facts before getting too excited.
?.
Check with someone in Canada for the finalfinal word. :)

I read that counterfeit slam. Fortec Star was the North American distributor for Stab. This was posted by Brian at SatAV. If Fortec name was on the motor, I would believe it to be genuine. However, it would be older stock.

Rumor was a few years back that Stab discontinued manufacturing the HH120. However, that model is back on their site. I have never found a list of authorized distributors. RPSSat had refurbs for $69 a year or so ago. Wished I had of grabbed one!

I believe that Angel and WWS in Toronto both have the real deal. Haven't read anything about Stab clones lately.

Catamount

That was me that made the claim that they could be clones, and I really believed it due to the different styles between the motors listed in the Canadian Ebay auction pictures, AND the pics posted on Stab's actual Italy site. It wasn't posted as a general "slam".

There are tons of different clone USALS motors (we all know that), and I thought it seemed likely these were also clones due to the discrepencies. If you guys had better info and thought I was wrong in my deduction, why didn't you challenge me in that thread so we could try to check deeper into the question of if there could be clones of this particular motor? I've made mistakes in posts before, people pointed that out, and I've made retractions...

That was me that made the claim that they could be clones, and I really believed it due to the different styles between the motors listed in the Canadian Ebay auction pictures, AND the pics posted on Stab's actual Italy site. It wasn't posted as a general "slam".

There are tons of different clone USALS motors (we all know that), and I thought it seemed likely these were also clones due to the discrepencies. If you guys had better info and thought I was wrong in my deduction, why didn't you challenge me in that thread so we could try to check deeper into the question of if there could be clones of this particular motor? I've made mistakes in posts before, people pointed that out, and I've made retractions...

I spent a few hours last night trying to find more info. Unfortunately, Google doesn't yield many results. Moteck is selling a different model and so is Fortecstar. Fortec left North America (Toronto) a few years back. It would be nice to know who Stab is selling to. (Authorized-original). Not sure whether they have been cloned as much as SG2100 usals models.

I wouldn't challenge anyone's assertions without the proper facts. Still not sure LOL :D

Catamount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)