whats wrong with...ME?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
me tv and this has been out for 2 days now,checked everything there is to check. 103W and 99W perfect,no problems.Has the transponder numbers been changed or sr numbers,what could it be?:rolleyes:

working fine here in MN

and why do you always do the "rolleyes" icon when you create a thread?
Do you not want us to help?

I am getting extreme pixellation on both ME and This on the 101w. Unwatchable. Can't get them with Birdview and Manhattan here in Southern Cal

Coming in fine here. I will say that every now and then it will disappear late morning, early afternoon on Saturdays. This has happened at least three times since the move to SES1. That causes Mama to miss her westerns, which is not good ;).

I don't know if this is related to your problem or not. But this morning I had audio but no video.

I'm using DVBViewer on an HTPC. So the first thing that I did was compare the VPID stored in DVBV's channel listing with the VPID found in TransEdit's Analyzer. Sure enough, they didn't match. I changed DVBV's listing to match what I found in TE & it went back to working.

I've seen this happen before, but I've never known the cause. I don't know if it's a glitch in DVBV, or something they do with the stream. Since others are reporting no problems (most likely using STBs), then what I see from time to time (including this morning) may be completely unrelated to your problem and just be a DVB Viewer glitch. Hard to say for sure though.

Cheers

I have found that with my 6 footer that this and me come in lower Q on 101 than what i had on 87 so at times they will pixel a bit or go dark for awhile (MeTv more than This) Last night Me TV was breaking up a bit for me while This was steady as a rock.

I have found that with my 6 footer that this and me come in lower Q on 101 than what i had on 87 so at times they will pixel a bit or go dark for awhile (MeTv more than This) Last night Me TV was breaking up a bit for me while This was steady as a rock.

thanks stanley

odd things happening with 101W

for about the last week i lost me and this tv...6foot dish and openbox S9 manually moved,i got so frustrated i started trying everything after i checked skew,elevation,azimute and alignment.I went into my stb and started to click my lnb power to on and off and me and this would show back up strong as ever,then eventually no signal.I do it all over again its back for a little while,then gone.What could this be?103W and 99W perfect.

Merged this with your last week and the week before that thread. Same people here every week, and you gonna get same answer. For THIS and ME you gotta kinda move your dish off of 101 to get it to come in good. This stuff is not always exact and making a thread about it every week is not going to make your dish just jump on the signal you want. We welcome all here, we really do, just look, SatelliteGuys is a nice community. This not a AOL chat room with different people, every minute, and the seasoned ones here know what they are talking about. So take what they have to say and ask questions and then more questions if you have too, but keep it all together. But when we tell you something we know what the heck we are talking about...;)

BTW again Me and This is not going to exact on a 6 footer, it's the same on mine. You gotta kinda move it a little east from 101 to get it. Now saying that I have to actually go a couple of clicks west on my eight footer to get it right, but my eight footer is home brew so I don't really count that. Just manually put in the numbers and slowly pulse your dish one way or the other until you lock it....:) You will get it..:)

BTW again Me and This is not going to exact on a 6 footer, it's the same on mine. You gotta kinda move it a little east from 101 to get it. Now saying that I have to actually go a couple of clicks west on my eight footer to get it right, but my eight footer is home brew so I don't really count that. Just manually put in the numbers and slowly pulse your dish one way or the other until you lock it....:) You will get it..:)

exactly. I've posted about MeTV and ThisTV's quirk on a 6 footer numerous times.
Program in the transponder for MeTV
move dish to hone in on the signal
Once you get a great signal ThisTV will show up too as will the strong stuff from 99W on bleedover.

my post back on July 4th on the 6 footer
I locked 99W...I used the GDMX channels (3820 V 26000) or World Harvest (4000 H 26400)
I manually added MeTV's transponder (again posted in post 206) in the 101 satellite list
slowly move the dish west. Try and monkey with the skew.
If you lock the other stuff then you have to go back towards 99W

One thing I noticed on the 6 footer is if GEB (Golden Eagles) is maxed quality wise, MeTV doesnt come in. If I peak it on MeTV then ThisTV comes in too and GEB is a smidge lower qulaity (but still very stable....I'm talking from a 80 quality to a 65 or so)

and about what I can get from 99 & 101 at same time
well just did a little test here with the 6 footer and the GeosatPro

Peaked the dish on 99 and these quality showed up (40 or so is threshold)
52 My Net (4080)
88 WHT
82 Nets
56 PR Net
76 KCWY NBC
48 Living Faith
60 Fox Syndicated (4060)
91 GDMX (3820)

Nothing from 101 registered anything

Then tweaked the dish on MeTV and ThisTV
75 MeTV
62 ThisTV
75 Daystar (4:2:2)
63 Golden Eagles
55 Gods Learning

and the bleedover from 99 was "nice"
0 My Net (4080)
57 WHT
80 Nets
50 PR Net
64 KCWY NBC
40 Living Faith
0 Fox Syndicated (4060)
85 GDMX (3820)

So most of the DVB stuff stayed active even though I am peaked on "101" (well must be like 100.2 or something) Dont know about S2
Also this is in Minneapolis where 99 & 101 are pretty much even in elevation. Other places your mileage may vary
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...v-metv-leaving-ses2-6-17-a-6.html#post2882931

Receiver problem?? Maybe try deleting the satellite, and adding it back again.

thanks turbosat,the advice you gave hit it right on the money...that's what i am talking about,just good understandable advice without all the rocket science,have a great day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)