What's Your Sign?

Bill K1WY

K1WY_Front1.jpg

N6FM (not a vanity call) on the Central Oregon Coast, licensed since 1962, Extra since 1966.

I work satellites (oddly enough), DX, FM, local ARES.

Welcome to our new Ham Radio and Police Scanner Technology forum!

So lets kick this off by introducing yourself, give us a your call sign and tell us a little bit about your shack.

Can you believe it, I live less then 1 mile to the ARRL headquarters in Newington, CT and I don't have my ticket yet. Oh well.

Enjoy the new forum and 73!

I am very new to this forum, so be gentle...
My name is Scott Ludwig..
I live in Northern Michigan.
My current call, which will need to be renewed is, WO8N. Extra class..
My current equipment, muct to list, not only ham gear, but also police scanners, more than I can listen to, especially around these parts..
Will list eq. very soon.. I want to check out the rest of the site..
Direct tv ce beta

FINALLY official. The Vanity Call of "K1ION" which is both more "memorable" for me, and somewhat corresponds to my AM/FM station, WION!

FINALLY official. The Vanity Call of "K1ION" which is both more "memorable" for me, and somewhat corresponds to my AM/FM station, WION!

So when are we going to hear you on Echolink Jim or better yet on 10M?? :) Congrats on on getting your vanity call btw.

73 Bob
N1WBD

So when are we going to hear you on Echolink Jim or better yet on 10M?? :) Congrats on on getting your vanity call btw.

73 Bob
N1WBD

Hopefully soon! Need to get "friendly" with Echolink, and I still need to buy my first radio! The big station keeps me so busy its crazy! Soon, I promise!

Hope so Jim would like to work on the bands or echolink sometime. or maybe we can get a bunch of us together on echolink or hf sometime.

Hopefully soon! Need to get "friendly" with Echolink, and I still need to buy my first radio! The big station keeps me so busy its crazy! Soon, I promise!

I think an "echolink" gathering of satelliteguys users would be an excellent introduction for me to ham radio! Strangely, I am on the "big sticks" every day, but...the ham bands
seem a bit intimidating to me, even after 20-plus years on the public airwaves! Perhaps because I won't be "watching a clock" every 3 minutes for the next "event" I need to take care of.

Jim like the ol' saying goes "jump in the water is fine" :) Just get on you'll catch on quick. Heck if you can broadcasts to 1000's on the big sticks you can talk 1 or 2 people they just talk back thats all. :) :)

I think an "echolink" gathering of satelliteguys users would be an excellent introduction for me to ham radio! Strangely, I am on the "big sticks" every day, but...the ham bands
seem a bit intimidating to me, even after 20-plus years on the public airwaves! Perhaps because I won't be "watching a clock" every 3 minutes for the next "event" I need to take care of.

I love this... I've been wanting to get into "ham" ever since sitting on my big bro's lap and listing to him as a tyke. Now brushing up here, reading and learning I can't wait to get my first setup.:)

I'll give my call sign and see if anyone here can identify it (legit FCC) - KAPT2647

Anybody want to take a stab at it? ;)

How about this call sign (also mine) - QL23B (govt issue but not FCC)?

Guess I'll have to give a hint. OK, for the second one, it was called as "K-beck, Leema, Two, Tree, Black." I had a secondary call sign of "K-beck, Leema, Two, Tree, Red." (QL23R). Those call signs are nearly 60 years old! Anybody figure it out?

W1EL here, still enjoying a bit of contesting from time to time. Trying to figure out why anyone bothers to set up APRS at the moment.

Best Regards to all from FN64.

Yep, CB license, most folks don't know such an animal even existed since the FCC threw up their hands early in the game and discontinued them.

The second one has to do with post-war (Cold War) concerns. Those are my two Ground Observer Corps ID's. I was stationed at Convair Field (Now Queen City Airport) near Allentown PA. Still have my G.O.C. wings. In all the time I spent in that tower I only scrambled fighters one time. Turned out to be a Canadian airliner off course. Boy did they get a surprise! Shortly after my sighting was confirmed, they were surrounded by fighters! I watched with my binoculars. A few minutes later I got a call-back telling me it was a misguided airliner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts