When pigs fly

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maxkil41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Hi everyone,

I called a local installer because the reps at directv kept giving me different answers about their equipment. This installer totally dissed directv and said that "they will have 150 hd channels when pigs sprout wings and fly". He also said that all they have going for them is the Sunday ticket. I wonder if those at directv know how some installers talk about them and try to sell a different product.

I am sure they do but only care to the point of removing said contractor and/or the company they work for. Real consumers know where to come for the truth; and you are here. WELCOME!

Thank you. I should have come here first. I won't make that mistake again.

Most likely that local guys sells both DirecTV and Dish and makes more money if he sells dish.

We all know dozens of new HD is coming to DirecTV in just over a month from now unless China shoots down the sat or something.

I make about the same whether I install E* or D*. So it comes down to the installer.. OR rather how misinformed an installer is.. I know some E* dealers that really just believe that E* is better.. They don't take the time to learn about D*. I personally believe that each company has things that make it better at some level... It really just depends on what you want out of your system. I listen to many out here that think that one is so far ahead of the other and wouldn't have the other one. The cold truth.. They are both good. They both offer something that the other doesn't have. So shop carefully. Look for which one offers the closest to what you are looking for. Remember you are choosing something that you are probably going to keep for awhile. It's sad to see someone get one and then gripe because it doesn't have something that you really wanted and the other company has it. I try to tailor my sale to what the customer is expecting. But E* or D* I don't really care.. I care about my customer..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Almost had directv

D* ST Portable Player

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)