When will it be time to change the name of the site?

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
With the official subscribers numbers out today, it now shows more people get Paid Live TV via streaming then Satellite.

DirecTV which includes DIRECTV Satellite, U-verse, and DIRECTV via Internet/Stream
this is where we have to estimate some numbers
rumors are Uverse has 2.5 Million subs, both versions of DirecTV via Internet is 2 million together .
so that leaves 7,350,000 for the satellite service

Dish

So both Sat Service

Now with Sling, Fubo, Hulu, YTTV
Total is 14,697,000
If you add in DirecTV via Internet/Stream, total is 16,697,000, 2.6 million more then both Satellite Services added together.

This, of course, does not even include the roughly 60 Million Households that do not even get a paid Live TV Service.

So, is Streaming Guys in our future?

No. You provide a lot of useful datapoints and information, but surely this must be trolling.
Not intended as trolling at all, I honestly want to know, all the experts are predicting the end of Satellite TV within 2-3 years, sooner or later, that decision will have to be made.

I also found it fascinating that the difference between Dish and DirecTV Satellite is now less then 600,000 subs.

If Dish overcomes their money woes, by the end of next year, they will have more Satellite subscribers then DirecTV.

That is amazing, because when both were at the highest point, Dish had 14 Million, DirecTV had 20 Million, a six million difference.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Not intended as trolling at all, I honestly want to know, all the experts are predicting the end of Satellite TV within 2-3 years, sooner or later, that decision will have to be made.

You do realize there are many members here who have other types of satellite services, right? Many of us with KU and C-band dishes and those aren't going away. No decision needs to be made.

You do realize there are many members here who have other types of satellite services, right? Many of us with KU and C-band dishes and those aren't going away. No decision needs to be made.
The one thing they drill into your head when I was getting my Business Administration Degree-

When you become stagnant and aren't improving by the day, you are only moving toward your failure. Being stagnant in a business is the death of a business.

This business is changing faster then I anticipated, at the very least picking up a new domain name that links back to here.

For example streaminguys.org is available, as is streaminguys.us

• Sad
Reactions: dhpeeple1 and Jimbo
.com is the money shot.

Anyway, “streamingguys” “videoguys” “threadkillers” and any other silly little thing can be set up and redirect to here.

Stormy in that teapot, no?

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I recently got Starlink to try for internet, does that not count to be a SatelliteGuy (even though I have Dish, DIRECTV also?) Satellite won't die as long as there are people in rural areas that are not served by any landlines or good cell service... (member 69 of this site and not sure what my member # is/was at DBSTalk)...

not sure what my member # is/was at DBSTalk)
418882. See the bottom left of my screenshot below.
1700024632786.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dfergie
I don't see satellite going anywhere. Sure we may see one or both companies file for bankruptcy, but they will still exist in one form or another.

New Satellites are being made (at least one announced) so they expect a future.

Are satellite tv's glory days behind us? Sadly yes, but its still its got a long future ahead of it.

Now about that Hopper 4.... Hmm... Lol.