Where are my Satellite Guy's gamers at?

Thanks for the early impressions. So they dropped the previously announced Move support in favor mobile app support? Shows you what Sony thinks of the future its highly touted (when first released) motion controller system.:rolleyes: Sure glad I waited until I could get all my Move gear for half of MSRP.
Don't forget that Heavy Rain had more DLC planned but Sony forced QD to abandon it so that they could implement Move support. Because I know when I was playing it I wasn't thinking, "Wow, if they could add on to the story and add more things and stories I'd really appreciate it." I was thinking, "Wow, if I could play this like I was using my Wii that'd be SOOOO awesome!"

I finished up ME3 last night and started GTA V this morning. I only played the first 2 missions of story mode and then jumped in to GTA online for an hour or two to see what all the hype is about. I'm not sure if it is just because I was playing on a Saturday morning eastern time before most of the country is awake or if they have fixed their problems but everything worked flawlessly for me.

Anyways, I just played with a group of random people but I had a great time. One of the first things you can do is rob a store. It tells you that if you yell at the clerk over your chat mic they will get the money faster. I decided to go all out with this and the random people I was playing with started cracking up. Soon we were running around together robbing stores with 4 of us pointing a gun at the poor clerks yelling in the mic to give us the f'n money. It was pretty great. I can't wait to play with some of my friends and see what kind of craziness unfolds.

I haven't played enough of the story to form an opinion yet but I can already tell that most of my time will be spent with GTA online in this game. I was thinking that if any other sat guys are playing this on PS3 we should play together sometime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I finally got to play some more of TLOU last night. It had been over a week since I last played. I enjoy it more and more every time I play. The character interactions are the best I've seen.

I finished up ME3 last night and started GTA V this morning. I only played the first 2 missions of story mode and then jumped in to GTA online for an hour or two to see what all the hype is about. I'm not sure if it is just because I was playing on a Saturday morning eastern time before most of the country is awake or if they have fixed their problems but everything worked flawlessly for me.

Anyways, I just played with a group of random people but I had a great time. One of the first things you can do is rob a store. It tells you that if you yell at the clerk over your chat mic they will get the money faster. I decided to go all out with this and the random people I was playing with started cracking up. Soon we were running around together robbing stores with 4 of us pointing a gun at the poor clerks yelling in the mic to give us the f'n money. It was pretty great. I can't wait to play with some of my friends and see what kind of craziness unfolds.

I haven't played enough of the story to form an opinion yet but I can already tell that most of my time will be spent with GTA online in this game. I was thinking that if any other sat guys are playing this on PS3 we should play together sometime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Much like Borderlands and games of similar ilk, the amount of fun you'll have with GTA Online is directly proportional to how many friends you have playing it. Since I don't have many online friends, I don't see myself using it alot. Playing regular matches turns into the city of A**holes. The game looks like a blast with friends, but for lone wolves like myself, it just turns into hunter versus hunter.

I finally got to play some more of TLOU last night. It had been over a week since I last played. I enjoy it more and more every time I play. The character interactions are the best I've seen.
Wait till you get to that last mission..

Much like Borderlands and games of similar ilk, the amount of fun you'll have with GTA Online is directly proportional to how many friends you have playing it. Since I don't have many online friends, I don't see myself using it alot. Playing regular matches turns into the city of A**holes. The game looks like a blast with friends, but for lone wolves like myself, it just turns into hunter versus hunter.

Speaking of Borderlands (2, specifically), anyone else doing the daily loot hunt to win real world prizes. So far the challenges have been very easy (take 5-10 mins. max), and by completing each day's challenge, you get one additional entry into the sweepstakes (grand prize = $50,000 in real money). There are also weekly gaming-related and cash prizes. For instance, this week, a PS Vita and copy of Borderlands 2 for Vita (when it releases) is up for grabs. Later, I know one of the other weekly prizes is a lifetime of 2K games (past, present and future) on Steam...so prizes relating to all platforms.

I'm to the point where I am no longer with Henry and Sam. That was a crazy moment in the game but I saw it coming. How close am I getting to the end of the game?

Yep, I would guess maybe a little past the half way point. If you look at the save files it will tell you how long you have played the game and also give you a percentage of completion. I think it took me a little over 18 hours to finish the game but I played at a very methodical pace. I didn't want to miss any story details or items I could scavenge so I searched every corner of every area before moving on. I also tried to be as stealthy as possible so I would often sit in one place for a few minutes and try to figure out what to do. I'm sure others probably finished in 12 hours or so by not taking so much time.

Yep, I would guess maybe a little past the half way point. If you look at the save files it will tell you how long you have played the game and also give you a percentage of completion. I think it took me a little over 18 hours to finish the game but I played at a very methodical pace. I didn't want to miss any story details or items I could scavenge so I searched every corner of every area before moving on. I also tried to be as stealthy as possible so I would often sit in one place for a few minutes and try to figure out what to do. I'm sure others probably finished in 12 hours or so by not taking so much time.
It took me about 18 hours as well, and I was somewhat methodical but not insane. I wasn't looking around trying to find extras and collectables, but rather just trying to find more ammo/supplies. Of course part of it may be inflated time stemming from the NUMEROUS times I died.

One of the features I really like on Steam is the hour log. Before you launch any steam game you can see exactly how many hours you put into it. TLoU is one of the few PS3 games I have seen that shows you how many hours you played and you have to look at the manual save/load screen to see it. I would like to see that as a standard feature on PS4/Xbox One.

It isn't a huge deal but it's nice to see how much value you are getting out of each individual game. On the other hand it could be a little shameful finding out you spent hundreds of hours sitting on the couch with a game.

One of the features I really like on Steam is the hour log. Before you launch any steam game you can see exactly how many hours you put into it. TLoU is one of the few PS3 games I have seen that shows you how many hours you played and you have to look at the manual save/load screen to see it. I would like to see that as a standard feature on PS4/Xbox One.

It isn't a huge deal but it's nice to see how much value you are getting out of each individual game. On the other hand it could be a little shameful finding out you spent hundreds of hours sitting on the couch with a game.
Yeah but I've found that's not 100% accurate, at least not for older games. For example, it says I've only clocked 48 hours into Team Fortress 2. I probably have at least 100 hours in that, and a bunch of other games it just doesn't mention (I know I clocked some time in Half Life 2 episode 2.) I also probably have 50+ hours in Counter Strike Source (it claims I have only 2.4.) Also, I've received different amounts for how long I've played The Binding of Isaac. That may be because I play that on my laptop and my desktop and the cloud needs to keep syncing. It is a cool feature, but I just wish it was more accurate.

I like the time logs myself and was actually surprised the save file for Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal (from the HD collection) that I just finished playing has one. But the problem with the time logs, at least as I've noticed for PS3 games, is that they are what I consider a conservative estimate, especially for RPG games, where they don't count the time spent replaying a checkpoint, due to frequent dying, as each time you restart from the point the last save was made (either auto or manual), writing over time spent until the point of dying. And I would swear the Uncharted games never count the time spent in cutscenes, based on discrepancies I've noticed between the save file log and actual clock time I've spent.

A couple more notes about Beyond..

People have commented how it's more of a "ride" than a "game" in that your intervention is almost not needed, but I'm not so much against that as I am when the game holds my hand a little too much. I recently beat the Navajo chapter, which goes on for WAY too long IMO. Also, it feels very out of place. I don't want to spoil it, but the tone and what happens in it feels rather off. Anyways there's one part where you need to make a symbol in the sand and light a fire in the middle of it. For each part, it has Jodie saying, "Okay, I need a <insert thing here>" and then it shows you where the thing you need is, and points your character in that direction. Give me a LITTLE credit that I can figure this out, or that at least I can find the object myself! Also, some parts are dragged out to annoyance. There was one part where Jodie had to go somewhere and she had to pack her stuff and leave. It's an understandably emotional scene (for reasons I won't get into) but it doesn't let you just pick up your bag and leave... It (unless I played wrong) forces you to look at all these things that trigger an emotional reaction BEFORE they let you leave. So basically you can't finish the scene until you've forcibly cried enough.

Still, the story hasn't crapped itself enough yet for me to stop playing. It's hard for me to tell how much more playing time I have, because apparently I have 7 chapters left (including the one I'm currently on) but the time it takes for them can vary GREATLY. I've had chapters last upwards of an hour but then had others that are literally about 5 minutes long, not to mention decisions you make can affect playtime rather significantly. I plan on finishing it by the end of the week so I can send it back with time to spare before the new Batman arrives.

So I recently finished Beyond: Two Souls…

It’s hard to review a game such as this, because most of my praises or condemnations need to be on the story, but since said story is such a vital part of the experience, pointing out specifics risks spoiling the experience for new gamers. So while I may be bringing up some situations in my review, I will not put them in any sort of narrative context so that the experience won’t be hurt.

As I said previously about gameplay, if you’ve played Heavy Rain, you’ve basically played this. Simple movements on the analog stick, QTE’s and single button presses reign supreme. Also, like Heavy Rain, you can’t “Game Over” as much as just continue in the story. However, since Heavy Rain contained numerous characters, making the wrong decisions could end up in a character dying. Beyond doesn’t have this since there is really just 1 (well okay 2 but mainly 1) protagonist, so it’s hard to take any of the “Life or Death” situations very seriously throughout the story until the very end.
?
Another difference is the control of Aiden, the other soul attached to Jodie. Using him is basically like flying an airplane with very loose controls. You then will lock on to various spirit “things” and do various movements with the analog sticks. Aiden can manipulate various objects and people, but in good old fashioned video game logic, there’s absolutely NO consistency on what Aiden can do, or who he can do them to. The reason why Aiden can choke some people, mind control others, and do nothing to others is never explained for any other reasons than “Because then the game would be even easier than it already is!”

So as far as the story goes, I’ll say that it is better than most, but not without some rather glaring flaws. Is it better than Heavy Rain? Well, it’s hard to compare, specifically because I haven’t played Heavy Rain in 3 ½ years (I played it when my oldest was born) and the plots are significantly different. I thought they were comparable in terms of quality from what I remember, but don’t hold me to that.

The big question of “Do your decisions make any difference?” can be answered with a “Yes.” Depending on who lives and who dies throughout the game, apparently your ending is affected a bit, similarly to that of Heavy Rain. However, much like Heavy Rain I don’t know how many people will want to sit through the game the multiple times required to unlock all these endings. Without trying to spoil, basically at the end of the game you get one big decision, and then depending on what you did in the game, you may then get some more choices as well. Decisions also are more immediate and can change scenes. One has an incident where you have been wronged by some jerks and locked away in a small room. You get out and have the decision to either just leave, OR use Aiden to get some revenge. At one point I was trying to talk down an insane guy with his gun pointed at Jodie, and the first time I played the scene the guy ended up calming down and not shooting. However, the second time I played, knowing the outcome, I decided to be more curt and direct with my feelings. That did not rub said character in the right way and he ended up shooting at Jodie.

Still, is said story well realized? For the most part, but not without some issues. For one thing, because this is scattered in an out of order sequence with gaps, some scenes and arcs are not well realized. One character goes from grieving in one part of the timeline to balls out insane in another, and when the insanity is revealed, it feels awkward because nothing was ever built up about it. Also, because this game has DLC planned, one has to wonder whether parts of the story were held back or excluded and repackaged in an effort to get more money.

Finally, the whole mystery and “story” of Aiden is rather, ummmm… how you say… off. One thing I’ll say is that luckily, Beyond wraps up the main story and questions rather well, including the whole “Aiden Mystery.” When it’s revealed, you’ll likely think, “Well, that’s a little weird, but that explains how that other part worked, so okay.” However, the more you think about it and after seeing the endings, you’ll likely have more than a few unanswered questions to ponder.

As I said, most of my complaints have to do with specific plot points that I can’t get into without spoiling, but I will say that none of them left a really bad taste in my mouth. There was nothing in the story that turned me off the same way that say, the final third of The Last of Us did. Overall I do recommend Beyond, especially if you liked David Cage’s previous work. However, much like his previous work, it is VERY hard to justify a full $60 purchase of this, given the little amount of replay value there is. It’s not like Heavy Rain, where the game was broken into so many small chunks that it was easy to replay scenes to see what happened if you did A instead of B. Here, you have 20 chapters which can vary greatly in length. For example, to get back to the “One BIG Decision” I mentioned earlier, I had to replay the entire final chapter, which took about a half hour, mainly just because of all the unskippable cut scenes. Yes I know I could have just brought it up on Youtube, but there’s no fun in that. Still, it does hurt the overall replayability of the game. I suppose if you’re REALLY into the story and want to get all the collectibles (which the game doesn't tell you about from what I can tell) and unlock all the hidden footage then there is some extended time to be had.

I give it a B-. Worth a look, but I wouldn't blame you if you ended up using it as a coaster.

Speaking of Beyond, apparently Sony is trying to take nude Jodie off the internet.. (SFW link.)
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/So...nd-Two-Souls-From-Spreading-Online-60045.html

I'm no game programer but I don't understand why they would bother to fill in anatomy that was never supposed to be seen. It seems like it would be unecessary work to create nipples and such when they were supposed to be hidden from view anyways. I think they were asking for trouble by even including that in the game code.

I'm no game programer but I don't understand why they would bother to fill in anatomy that was never supposed to be seen. It seems like it would be unecessary work to create nipples and such when they were supposed to be hidden from view anyways. I think they were asking for trouble by even including that in the game code.
I think for 3D modeling stuff it's easier to just animate everything. Also, nudity isn't exactly a new idea in mainstream games. They may have just animated her completely in case nudity was going to be used, and when it wasn't, it's probably a big pain to have to go back and "remove" her nipples. Also, only Debug units can view the nudity, so it's not like this is a mainstream issue. It isn't as big a deal as the whole "Hot Coffee" fiasco (which, because of, I couldn't sell my copy of GTA: SA because it was considered an Adults Only game and no vendors accept those for some arbitrary reason.)

Now that my expectations of Beyond Two Souls have been sufficiently lowered thanks in part to yourbelief's review above, I do think I will still enjoy it, but won't buy until I can get it in the $20-$30 range and have some kind of gift card or rewards points to apply toward it.

In the meantime, Dishonored is definitely living up to my expectations, though I've only completed the third mission. It seems to combine elements, themes, gameplay, environments, etc. from many of my favorite games and franchises, including Assassins Creed, Bioshock, Deus Ex, among others. My only disappointment, which probably stems more from my misunderstanding since I try to avoid previews/reviews of games I plan on buying, is that it's very linear. I expected a more RPG-like open world experience for some reason, with multiple side missions/quests. Instead, so far, there only seems to be one primary mission with one optional approach/supplemental objective and one side mission (from Granny Rags/Slackjaw) at a time. I'm currently doing a messy lethal/high chaos run to learn the maps and mission objectives more easily before doing the more stealthy/non-lethal low chaos playthrough, which I'm especially looking forward to.

In addition, Rayman Origins continues to exceed my expectations. A game that was originally on my "just to check out" list (i.e., play around for a few levels) is now on my must finish list, at least the main story path. I'd rather not run the risk of throwing my Vita against the wall by attempting to get 100% completion in every level (electoon collecting, time trials, etc.). Each new world is simply a treat to experience visually and in terms of the level design and a joy to explore. As I mentioned before, I tried the PS3 demo some time ago. And while I know this game would look great on a big screen, it almost feels like it was made for the Vita. I guess I'll need to add Rayman Legends to my backlog now as well.

My gaming has been spread a bit as of late. Here's what's been taking up my time.

Gone Home: This recently went on sale and I picked it up. It got rave reviews about it's story, and it sure as hell better have, because that's basically ALL the game is. The "plot" is that you arrive home at like 1am to your house during a bad storm after going to study abroad in Europe, only to find an empty house and a rather unsettling note on the front door from your younger sister. From there, I guess you just find out what happened. You find out more things about the family by searching around and looking at various things. The "mystery" of what is going on is enough to keep me intrigued to keep looking, but it does feature some annoying "adventure game logic" where only certain things can be done to open up new areas or find new things.

Deadpool: This flew under the radar a bit. If you're not acquainted with Deadpool, don't worry because I wasn't either. Basically it's what would happen if you wanted to make a crazy, insane, humorous superhero (although technically he's just a mercenary with super powers like Rouge's strength and Wolverine's healing.) The gameplay is rather generic, a basic 3rd person shooter/slasher game. The game stands out with it's story, humor, and a rather surprising performance by Nolan North. I know he has a basic "voice" amongst all his games, but he really skews and messes with his voice to where you wouldn't know it was him unless you were told. It's fun and whacky enough to keep me motivated to see what will happen next, but if you don't get, or are not into the humor, you're not going to find much to cheer about here.

Papers, Please: Another game on sale. This could ONLY be an indie game because the pitch would turn off any investor who had anything resembling some f*cks to give. It's basically a bureaucracy simulator. You play as a border control guard who has to approve or decline passports in some country in Eastern Europe in the early 1980's that may as well be called "Some place that's oppressed by the Soviets." And yes, on paper that sounds utterly obtuse, but the game is amazingly immersive and can suck you in easily. Basically you'll be at your desk, ask for some papers, and then you need to make sure that you let in those with legit paperwork, and decline those with discrepancies or detain those that break rules such as lying and bringing in weapons. With each day, the requirements become more stringent and more and more documents need to be checked, but you're only paid if you process people correctly. Oh, and did I mention that you have a full family at home and are living off scraps? So if you don't perform your job well and screw up too much you lose money and won't be able to provide for your family (everyone in my house is bitching for medicine right now.) You can take bribes from customers to look the other way sometimes, but this can also lead to consequences, such as getting fired. The game does have multiple endings so there is some replay value based on whose interests (Family, Country, Citizens, etc) you decide to side with. Definitely an original idea.

Oh, and Saints Row 4 has been giving me more pleasure than I think the last 3 GTA games did. I think I've invested about 14 hours into the game, but I don't think I'm even 20% through the story missions because I keep doing side stuff and other things that improve my stats and make the game more fun to play. I definitely see this being a GOTY candidate.

Xbox One, issue with Ready to Install List & External Drive

Possible xbox Hard drive issues....is all lost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)