Where can I find an old Dishplayer 7100?

saturnthe1

Original poster
Jan 22, 2024
France
Hi,
I'm searching for an old 7100/7200 for the webtv portion of the box.
Howewer, i can't find any for sale.
Do you guys know where and how to find one?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I loved it when it first came out in 1999 but the legal fight between DISH and Microsoft ruined the receivers 7100/7200 series. I replaced maybe 4 or 5 of them at $15.00 a pop and finally gave up and took a 301 regular receiver and used my VCR to record shows. I didn't get another pvr till the 501 pvr I bought. But it was my first time to use Web tv that came with it and the wireless keyboard was cool. So because of the internet part I finally bought my first computer and tower in 2001.

If all the OP wants is the Web TV, ebay is his friend, several listed:

I had 2 of these things (1 live & a backup) a couple decades ago when my mother was alive, as she was on this thing HOURS a day; used to drive my dad up the walls, as it obviously tied up the landline during those times!
After she passed in 2004 & since the service had shut down, I took both out to electronic recycle.

UPDATE:
Found one on facebook marketplace for 80 bucks, negociated it down to 70$ (only for reciever, cables, card etc)
Some people told me I need the dish, do I really need it?
Also would 70$ be worth it or should I try lowering the price down?

It's hard to answer your questions, since (at least I) have NO clue what you're planning on doing with it...considering the WTV service went under decades ago.. :confused:
Yeah there's been a small reconstruction of the service so it can be usable and i'm planning on scanning the manuals, make clearer photos (since the ones on google are like 120p)
etc, etc.

While the DP might have been cool for the time, DirecTV's UTV version was much better, mostly due to it having 2 tuners & far less bugs:

While the DP might have been cool for the time, DirecTV's UTV version was much better, mostly due to it having 2 tuners & far less bugs:
Ironically it's the same software, just rebranded as UltimateTV, probably had less bugs because of the updated hardware.