rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Scott,

I responded to a post in this thread

Notice how there is a URL at the top for fortec star. Where did that come from??

I did not put it into my response. And it is not even a live URL (meaning it is not hyper-texted). I know they are one of our gold sponsors, but has there been a change to start putting URLS in threads??

If so, I am officially on record not liking it!

Where have you been, its been like that even before we upgraded (in fact over a year now) :)

I should note however that in testing yesterday our registered members were seeing IntelliTxt ads when they should not have been, I have corrected this error and they are no longer seeing them. I do appoligize for this error.

"What you talkin' about Willis?" I've never seen that URL on any of my posts. Better start paying more attention to what's on the posts.

Where have you been, its been like that even before we upgraded (in fact over a year now) :)

I should note however that in testing yesterday our registered members were seeing IntelliTxt ads when they should not have been, I have corrected this error and they are no longer seeing them. I do appoligize for this error.

I don't ever recall seeing a URL embedded into one of my posts. And its not like I only post sporadically :) Call me crazy. I have never seen a bolded URL show up in my posts that I didn't put there.

EDIT: I have been randomly going through forum threads, and not seeing the same type of example, as with the fortecstar.com url with a line above a post, anywhere.

Now you have got me thinking I am nuts.

PS I did see the intellitext highlights. Glad that's fixed.

Last edited:
Honest its been there. :) It wasnt a feature I installed, upgraded or even touched when we moved to the new software. :) (In fact I was kind of surprised it even worked after the upgrade was done) :D

Honest its been there. :) It wasnt a feature I installed, upgraded or even touched when we moved to the new software. :) (In fact I was kind of surprised it even worked after the upgrade was done) :D

Does it appear sporadically? At random? I am surprised I never noticed it before. I don't care that our gold sponsors get that extra plug - indeed, its probably a nice thing for them.

No its supposed to appear each time smeone types a sponsors name. Its actually a bonus feature we give them in their contract, our way of saying thanks for supporting SatelliteGuys. :)

No its supposed to appear each time smeone types a sponsors name. Its actually a bonus feature we give them in their contract, our way of saying thanks for supporting SatelliteGuys. :)

I get that...

But look at my post:

I never used the word Fortec in it at all; and it showed up above the post. All I said was "Not really the thread for this... but look on Fox, Monday at 8/7 central." And my sig does not reference Fortec either. :confused:

I see now what you mean.

I checked your post and http://www.fortecstar.com was the title of your thread. Did you accidently past the url there?

I thought you were talking about when you type the word fortec in and the word fortec changes color and when you point at it (the word Fortec) it says that Fortec is a proud supporter of SatelliteGuys.

No idea how that got there, that is NOT a feature. I have removed it from your title. I also seached the rest of the FTA forum and did not see any other posts like that.

Strange.

I see now what you mean.

I checked your post and http://www.fortecstar.com was the title of your thread. Did you accidently past the url there?

I thought you were talking about when you type the word fortec in and the word fortec changes color and when you point at it (the word Fortec) it says that Fortec is a proud supporter of SatelliteGuys.

No idea how that got there, that is NOT a feature. I have removed it from your title. I also seached the rest of the FTA forum and did not see any other posts like that.

Strange.

Pheww... I am NOT crazy. Welll.. ok, maybe a little, but that is a different story :D

The thread was in the Broadcast Networks Forum, not FTA. And I did not put in a title; all I did was reply to the person who asked about finding Prison Break.

I think we have gremlins.... Nasty little buggers..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts