Where To Send Sirius Sportster Replay 4 Repair?

Nightbird

Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
USA
Hey Guys,
My 3yr old Sirius Sportster Replay is no longer working, as I get the dreaded "Aquiring Signal" message whenever I turn it on, both at home in it's boombox or in the car. I googled this issue and it seems 3-4yrs is the lifespan of these poorly built receivers. I really don't want to buy a new one because then not only will I have to buy a new car cradle and boombox, but will also have to pay their "new radio switch fee" which last I heard was $75.00 -what a ripoff. I am a lifetime subscriber so I have to keep using it. Does anyone know where I can send it in for repair? I contacted TSS but they only buy refurbished units from Sirius to sell, they don't actually do the repairs themselves. And Radio Shack (where I bought it) want's to charge me $20.00 just to send it in to have someone look at the thing with no guarantee they can fix it. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Those are pretty much throw away. I think you'll have to count your losses and upgrade your things. Radio switch fee. Never heard of it. I have put new units in my truck and the wifes car 2 times and have never been charged anything.

Not morally correct but.... I have seen many threads here where people called in to cancel and said their radio was stolen. They sent them a replacement and some I even heard got a new boombox when mentioned.

Call and ask first. That's free. My sportster went out long after warrenty, in dealing with tech dept they just sent me a new one. Out went the old in with new and all was good.

No hassles here.

sirius antenna

How many of You have lost interest in XM?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts