which ant.

ogrover3

Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
i am trying to figure out which ant. would be best to pick up some local channels up at deer camp. the area code is 31081. i currently have a channel master 3010. and i set it up this weekend and picked up a few cbs and abc and pbs only a total of 7 channels found. and they were one was pretty touchy. so i guess my question is do you think another ant. would do better. such as multi directional. should i get a pre amp or amp or any other things. dont want to spend a ton i have some large planted pines around. any ideas are appreciated.
thanks

The strongest 9 stations arrive from 6 different directions. That's the classic case for a rotor. The antenna needs to be positioned differently depending on which station you want to watch.

If you have very little multipath a multidirectional antenna might work. You'll have to try it yourself, that can't be diagnosed on a forum.

got to tv fool and put your zip code, it tells you where allthe towers are relative to your address, then aim your antenna. look nout for dtv green dish in feb 09 they have an active sat dish converted to hd digital antenna w no questions ask money back gaurantee. i saw it demoed at a tde show and that thing grabbed 28 channels from inside the building. look out for it online soon

look nout for dtv green dish in feb 09 they have an active sat dish converted to hd digital antenna w no questions ask money back gaurantee. i saw it demoed at a tde show and that thing grabbed 28 channels from inside the building. look out for it online soon

Who was this made by ?

Dtv Green Dish in Miami Florida it's a new acompany who's mission is to recycle old dishes from landfills. they will be selling the kit if you have an old dish or if you don't you can buy the whole thing. I'm waiting for mine, I saw it demoed and it's not a fake. read my post i explain why it did. I got their flyer. the owner said he is startin in dade county then spread as his business grows. there is a number on the flyer it's 305-245-7509 the owner said it will be up and running by next week. maybe you can callit for more info. I am waiting for it. the message i get is this number is not yet accepting calls. I like to go to the local trade shows for ham radio stuff and that's where I saw it. The dish is green with the log DTV green dish and it is amplified. that thing worked it blew me away when he got 28 channels from inside the building. The dish is vertical to receive waves horizontally and it is directional with a field of view of 180 degrees,, that is if the toweres are within 180 degrees of each oth, you should be able to recive those. beyond that you would need two facin different diretions with a diplexer (2 in one ) cable Asi learn more I will post.

dtv greendish

perhaps i wasn't clearthe 180 degrees field of view is a term that we use in my circle of ham techies is that when you have towers within 180 degrees azmiuth los at a distance of 10-20 miles, the dish can point in the center of the towers. unlike sat dish wich needs a mor precise azmiuth and elevation because of the narrow beam coming from on satellite. the dtv antenna has a broader bandwidth and relies less on a more tight directional ratio, that is that the elements protrude from the dish by 7-12 inches, it relies on a general direction rather than a tight direction. in a stellite application, 25000 miles is represented in 1/8th in movements in order to find the satellite. tower azmiuth can be found in full inch measurements and can be received because of the short distance. so, the laws of physics don't apply because radio wave are not
2 dimensional if you know anything about an electric magentic field, it can range from q/4inch to the full circumferance of the planet. a dipole radiates in a field 360 degrees and an azmiuth of 0 to 30 degrees depending on the width of the dipole. if you had any background in magnetic propogaion you would have understand what i meant by 180n degrees field of view. if I wnet firthur and explained the law that governs magnetic resonance and field propagation you'd probably get lost. I'm an expert and there is no way i could have been fooled because i could build what they have and get the same results every time. the difference is, DTV GReen dish figured out that they could combine several military designs and make a workable antenna application that works superior for civilian applications. for you to iumply snmoke and mirrors is to insult me and say that my phd in physics,radio astronomy and my 20 years of ham radio license and antenna manufacturing is all Bullsh!t. well, i can shool you for 20 years and you'd stiil be lost and never understand what i'm talking about. I was there and there is only one way to power a tv and an antenna and i'm telling you, i scrutinized that guy and ther was only one cable, a black cable that went from the antenna to a power injector and then the tv. i will certify that it does work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)